Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Can anyone give advice or feedback on how teams are managing proofs? Right now we have are writers and designers creating and sending proofs. However, they are having a hard time keeping track of proofs that are completed and are done.

Level 4

Currently, I have a report that shows all proofs that were created by the user that were closed within the last 30 days. But I don't know of a way to have the proof owner check off, or mark off that the comments in the proof were implemented. With each person working on 30ish different projects at any time and sending out multiple proofs every single day, the way they keep track of what to do is from the completed proofs email notification. What are you teams doing?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Elysia,

We have our creative teams create the proofs, but then our project managers send the proofs out and review the comments that come back to ensure they are valid edits that we really should make.

Our project templates generally have 2 rounds of review and revisions, but one final review. If the proof comments require edits, the writers and designers have revisions tasks that they check off when complete. If there are no revisions to be made, the project manager deletes those tasks from the schedule.

Level 10

For us, the Producer or Project Manager does everything with proof creation and management. After the Creative Director has worked with the team, they send it to the Producer or PM who creates the proof and follows up with all the departments who have to approve.

For a new version, the creative person be the in the last stage. They will make corrections, make the comment as resolved, and when done, they will make a comment with the new version attached, at mention the producer, and then make a "decision" so that the route is complete. The producer will then upload the new version.

We mostly did it this way to reduce the cost of proof licenses and training time. Also, now the creatives just focus on the work and not how things are going on pieces which is what the producer is for.

Hope that helps.

Level 4

Hi @Elysia Yuen‚,

At our agency, the project management department is the "Workflow Owners" and they are the only ones that upload and route the proofs, and ensure that all decisions have been made. They can also check the statuses at any time. We also use the automated workflows to pre-set which departments each proof should be sent to for review. Please feel free to message me for any further guidance, as we've been using proofing for several years and I'm happy to help with best practices and settings.

Level 7

@Heather Margrill, PMP‚ Any chance you'd be willing to extend that advice to one more person? We're about to start using the Proof tool soon, and I'd love to hear best practices before we walk face-first into something.

Katherine

Level 4

Hi @Katherine Stibley‚, I'd be happy to walk you through my best practices. Let me know what time works or feel free to send me a meeting invite directly. I can walk you through the guidance that we use for Workflow Owners, as well as for Reviewers and Approvers.

Best,

Heather Margrill

hmargrill@concentrichx.com

Level 4

Thank you Heather! Could I take you up on that offer in a few weeks? We're right in the middle of changing our structure, and I'd like to see how that pans out first.

Level 4

Anytime! Also, if you haven't used the green Resolve checkmark, I would suggest that as well.

Level 4

I'm so new to Workfront! Where is the green resolved checkmark? Is it on the original question? Thank you for the advice.

Level 4

0690z000008Y7HXAA0.jpg

Here's a pic. If you click the resolve checkmark in the lower right part of the comment box, it will turn green on the comment. However, only one single person can use this per comment (so we tend to have our implementer of whoever is making the change on the live round use it), but if you wanted to designate a different user for it you could.

We only use the standalone PHQ app though, so there's a possibility that this may look or work differently in your Workfront solution than in mine.

Level 4

Thank you everyone for the great advice! It's fascinating to hear how others are utilizing proofing.