Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Calendar Reporting - Selecting Date Ranges

Level 2

Hello,

I am currently trying to make a Calendar report, but my user has a specific date range they wish to report on. The Start Date they wish to use is tied to a specific task in the project, where as the End Date is tied to the Parent Project's Completion Date.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it would be the same as your other calculated field but just tack a "project" in front of it. Like this:

{project}.{plannedCompletionDate}

Make sure you formatted both calculated fields as "date" and you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

The only way I see this happening is if you create 2 custom fields on a task custom form attached to your specific task. One custom field is for the end date, and the other is for the start date. In the calendar report, you would select custom dates (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/calendars/use-custom-dates... -- follow these instructions for the report) in the task area.

Level 2

Thank you!

I was able to create a calculated field to reference the Planned Completion Date of the task so I can report on that for my Start Date in the calendar report. That works great.

Is it possible to create a calculated field that references the Parent Project's Planned Completion Date on the Task Custom Form? If that is possible that will eliminate my users from needing to drill down to the task level to input data on the custom form.

Let me know if that makes sense,

Eric

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it would be the same as your other calculated field but just tack a "project" in front of it. Like this:

{project}.{plannedCompletionDate}

Make sure you formatted both calculated fields as "date" and you should be good to go.