Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calculating Fiscal Year

Level 10

Out Fiscal Year runs from July 1 through June 30, and at no point is the planner explicitly asked what fiscal year a project falls into.

I need a field that will calculate what fiscal year a project is in based in the creation date of the project (close enough for my reporting needs).

I planned to put this calculation field in a "sysadmin" section we have at the bottom of a custom form attached to every project (mandatory).

Problem is I couldn't wrap my head around how to do…

"If project creation date is between these two dates then output "FY20" and if it's between these two other dates then output "FY21" (and so on into the future)."

Is this possible, if so how does one pull this off?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Kevin,

Perhaps one of these options will work as the formula behind a calculated parameter called Fiscal YYYY:

• IF(MONTH(Entry Date)<7,YEAR(Entry Date),YEAR(Entry Date)+1)
  • IFIN(MONTH(Entry Date),1,2,3,4,5,6,YEAR(Entry Date),YEAR(Entry Date)+1)
  • YEAR(Entry Date)+IF(MONTH(Entry Date>6,1,0)

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

We have to make some other changes to the form before I can try this, but I definitely had a "slap to the forehead" moment. Completely spaced on taking the date apart like that.

THANKS!

Level 5

Hey Kevin,

Not sure if you are an admin or if this will even help, but you can customize your quarters in the setup --> project preferences --> Project

0690z000008Z914AAC.jpg