Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Calculating figures against the percentage complete

Level 2

I'm trying to create a custom calculated field that adds actual task revenue against upcoming planned revenue. However I want to add in specific formulae that calculate planned revenue remaining against the percentage complete.

E.g. - if a task has £15,000 planned, but it's 50% of the way through, I'd want the planned revenue to be divided by half. Ergo, it would equal £7500. Therefore, it would be £7500+actual revenue=forecasted revenue.

I've been having trouble trying to make this work, see attached. The second photo shows the preview task and how the numbers aren't adding up with the calculation.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 154433.png

Screenshot 2022-10-18 154352.png

Thanks,

Alex

  

2 Replies

Level 2

Hi Alex,

It looks like your calculation is dividing planned revenue by percent complete which is probably causing the issue. You would want to multiple by percent complete and divide that by 100. 

I used the following in my Preview and it seemed to be working as you intend. 

SUM({actualRevenue},PROD({plannedRevenue},DIV({percentComplete},100)))

Hope this help!

-Ali

Level 2

Hi Ali,

Thanks for your response.

That's actually the idea. I want to be able to divide the planned revenue by the percentage complete to see how much of that is remaining based on task progress.

I tried your formula above, but unfortunately as the percentage complete increases, so does the forecast because it's multiplying against the percentage as opposed to dividing.

I hope that makes sense. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Alex