Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Calculated column (Concatenating two different custom fields) in Assignments report returns concatenation of a different field's data üòï

Level 2

So I'm clearly doing something wrong..... but resorting to the forum for support as spent enough time in trial and error.

I have an assignments report and I want to concatenate the values in 2 custom fields as below.

valueexpression=CONCAT ( {DE:task:Task Type}, ' ' , {DE:task:Agile Task Type } )

linkedname=task

valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

displayname=Type

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

textmode=true

namekeyargkey.0=task

namekeyargkey.1=Task Type

querysort=DE:task:Task Type

However what I see in the report column is Task Name, the space, then the Task Name again. I would expect the column to be blank if the formula was wrong.....

Have I got the DE and curly brackets wrong somehow? Separate, non calculated, standard mode columns for Task Type and Agile Task Type show exactly as expected in the report.

🤞 to see if the community can solve this one for me :-)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - you were very close. The trick is that you don't use the colon for reference in a value expression. You close the bracket around each object/field and put a period. (Also, there were a lot of spaces, but that might just be the paste job.

valueexpression=CONCAT({task}.{DE:Task Type},"",{task}.{DE:Agile Task Type})

linkedname=task

displayname=Type

textmode=true

namekeyargkey.0=task

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - you were very close. The trick is that you don't use the colon for reference in a value expression. You close the bracket around each object/field and put a period. (Also, there were a lot of spaces, but that might just be the paste job.

valueexpression=CONCAT({task}.{DE:Task Type},"",{task}.{DE:Agile Task Type})

linkedname=task

displayname=Type

textmode=true

namekeyargkey.0=task

Level 2

Awesome @Anthony Imgrund‚ worked like a charm and don't know why I had not tried that permutation of brackets and periods!

Could not figure why returning values - expected a blank if there was an error.

If only text mode featured error checking - and even better some sort of field / object explorer.

Now on to the next issue with status displaying differently in a report than on the task!