Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Calculated column (Concatenating two different custom fields) in Assignments report returns concatenation of a different field's data üòï

Level 2

So I'm clearly doing something wrong..... but resorting to the forum for support as spent enough time in trial and error.

I have an assignments report and I want to concatenate the values in 2 custom fields as below.

valueexpression=CONCAT ( {DE:task:Task Type}, ' ' , {DE:task:Agile Task Type } )

linkedname=task

valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

displayname=Type

namekey=view.relatedcolumn

textmode=true

namekeyargkey.0=task

namekeyargkey.1=Task Type

querysort=DE:task:Task Type

However what I see in the report column is Task Name, the space, then the Task Name again. I would expect the column to be blank if the formula was wrong.....

Have I got the DE and curly brackets wrong somehow? Separate, non calculated, standard mode columns for Task Type and Agile Task Type show exactly as expected in the report.

🤞 to see if the community can solve this one for me :-)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - you were very close. The trick is that you don't use the colon for reference in a value expression. You close the bracket around each object/field and put a period. (Also, there were a lot of spaces, but that might just be the paste job.

valueexpression=CONCAT({task}.{DE:Task Type},"",{task}.{DE:Agile Task Type})

linkedname=task

displayname=Type

textmode=true

namekeyargkey.0=task

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - you were very close. The trick is that you don't use the colon for reference in a value expression. You close the bracket around each object/field and put a period. (Also, there were a lot of spaces, but that might just be the paste job.

valueexpression=CONCAT({task}.{DE:Task Type},"",{task}.{DE:Agile Task Type})

linkedname=task

displayname=Type

textmode=true

namekeyargkey.0=task

Level 2

Awesome @Anthony Imgrund‚ worked like a charm and don't know why I had not tried that permutation of brackets and periods!

Could not figure why returning values - expected a blank if there was an error.

If only text mode featured error checking - and even better some sort of field / object explorer.

Now on to the next issue with status displaying differently in a report than on the task!