Expand my Community achievements bar.

Bulk load object IDs into text mode

Level 3

Dear All,

I often create reports on various system objects whith use of IDs. Can somone help me understand on how should I get my IDs exported and fomated so I can copy and paste it to text mode? As far as I know I can never get the spaces right. 

Kind regards,

Lukasz

5 Replies

Level 10

Can you paste an example of something you tried that didn't work? So we can see where where the problem may be.

Level 3

Hi Randy,

It will be difficult to show this with snapshots. 

For excample, today I filtered a set of template tasks by which I wanted to identify parallel project tasks. I had approx 200 ids but am unable to correctly trasnposte these from excel export to taxt mode filter. I seem unable to replicate the space between individual IDs in any format: text, excel etc. I am preatty sure it must be format issue but I cant find a way to automate it. I simply want to avoid entering these IDs manually.

Kind regards,

Lukasz

Community Advisor

I usually export to Excel, copy the column I want, paste that into Word without formatting (so it comes in as lines instead of a table), bulk replace the paragraph breaks with tabs, and remove the tab at the very end of the sentence. That's just me, though.

Level 3

Ill try this, hopefully it will also work for me.