Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Bulk Approve Timesheets for General Hours

Level 2

We have Timesheet Approvers who are responsible for checking the time logged under General Hours as our PMs approve task time at project level.

Looking for a way to speed up the process for the Approvers as they want to see which user has added time to which General hour per week, check there is nothing added incorrectly, then be able to bulk Approve them.

I have been able to create an Hour Type report which shows the General Hours grouped by week then by user but there is no way to bulk change the status as this field is not editable. Using a Timesheet object report or creating a View in the Timesheet area gives the ability to bulk Approve (Closed) but I can't get the General Hour types to display in a column/grouping. I tried using text mode for an Hour Type column but it remained blank so I'm wondering if this is possible or would it be a 2 step process to check the report then go into Timesheets to approve.

Many thanks

Vikki

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@vikkigibbs_ibm I have a column in my timesheet report that pulls in Hours by Type so that I can see where the hours were logged (ex: project vs vacation time, for example). This may work for you as well, although it includes all hour types. I imagine you can add an IF statement to only filter for hours associated to general time if it's too cluttered.

displayname=Hours by Type
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(hours).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({hours}," - ",{hourType}.{name})
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@vikkigibbs_ibm I have a column in my timesheet report that pulls in Hours by Type so that I can see where the hours were logged (ex: project vs vacation time, for example). This may work for you as well, although it includes all hour types. I imagine you can add an IF statement to only filter for hours associated to general time if it's too cluttered.

displayname=Hours by Type
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(hours).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({hours}," - ",{hourType}.{name})
valueformat=HTML

Level 2

Hey Nichole,

Many thanks for your help with this & apologies for the delayed response, I was on leave for most of last week.

I've just added the text mode to my Timesheet report and it has worked perfectly - thank you very much!

Vikki