Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Best Practices for Writers to Use Proofing?

Level 3

Hi, 

Can anyone share in this thread the best practices that your client / organization uses when it comes to writer using proofing? 

Our client prefers to use sharepoint separately from the proofing tools since the tool will only capture a picture of the word document and the document will not be editable. 

I know that we can share a sharepoint url inside the proof and make it interactive. However the whole thing seems not feasible since the system is quite laggy when it comes to the interactive url and it won't allow us to keep track of the changes especially when we wanna use the compare version feature. 

I appreciate any input from anyone. Let's make this thread a sharing space on how do u use proofing for writers. 

Thanks!

Taufiq

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, I've worked with a client that had the Sharepoint document integration, which I recommend if you use Sharepoint. Then you can upload a Word doc from SP directly into a WF project and have it associated with the project while still being able to edit in real time/easier editing to Word in SP than in Proof. If it's something you want a formal/documented approval on, you can use the document approval function (not approval via a Proof) for that on the SP file...
Here is more info on document approvals - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/work-approvals/reque...

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 7

Our proofing consists largely of multi-page PDF files

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, I've worked with a client that had the Sharepoint document integration, which I recommend if you use Sharepoint. Then you can upload a Word doc from SP directly into a WF project and have it associated with the project while still being able to edit in real time/easier editing to Word in SP than in Proof. If it's something you want a formal/documented approval on, you can use the document approval function (not approval via a Proof) for that on the SP file...
Here is more info on document approvals - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/work-approvals/reque...

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

Hi @Madalyn_Destafney 

Thanks for your input! Just wanna get your further opinion, do you think proofing tools alone is feasible for writers to upload and have the word document reviewed?

We might be integrating WF with onedrive to solve this issue. I just wanna tie loose ends to ensure that we're providing the best solutions we can to our client. 

Thanks!

Community Advisor

I don’t recommend word docs for proofs unless they are short copy files or files that don’t anticipate a high amount of edits. Once you have a lot of edits it can be hard for people to review in a proof. HOWEVER, if you don’t want anyone changing text in-line or touching the file at all, proofs may not be a bad idea. So I think it’s just considering your use case, how much copy, how touched you want your files, etc. We had good experience with using proofs only for video and creative assets, and Sharepoint for word files with a document approval associated.

We stick to ProofHQ proofs for everything because it's really confusing to most everyone having both document proofs and PHQ proofs in the same environment.  It's not a problem anymore because everyone is aware, but for a time I wanted to completely disable document proofs.

Level 10

We also use Sharepoint for Word docs and handle it with Track Changes. We don't use the document approval thing in Workfront though, because we don't approve Word documents with any rigor. All approvals happen in Proof once the final design is in. We don't put Word docs in Proof, it's confusing and hard to manage.