Expand my Community achievements bar.

Auto-Provisioning and email issues.

Level 2
We recently just enabled Auto-Provision on our instance. We are having issues now because we have a lot of vendors that use Workfront. The email that they use to have in Workfront is now being replaced because Auto-Provisioning is pulling email from AD. So, if they have a preferred email in Workfront in the email spot it will be overwritten each time they log in. Has anyone else had this issue and what have you done to fix it? Colin Wehrle
3 Replies

Level 6
I don't think there is a way to fix this, except maybe with the API and a server that handles the event subscription of a user change and then put the email back to what it is was before the change. (But that might backfire and prevent them from legitimately changing their email address). You could get them to login the old fashioned way with a password specific to your WF instance thereby bypassing SSO stuff - that's not very viable though because if they clicked any email notification links it would take them to the SSO login. The auto provision needs an overhaul. WF knows this and has mentioned they've been working on it. Among other things, it really needs a way to designate a default value (so for new users only, map the designated values). Sean Sanders | London Drugs

Level 2
Hi Sean, we ended up rolling back the Auto-Provisioning. Our end users were not happy that all the Vendors email addresses kept changing. We did let Workfront know that this was a major issue on their part and hopefully they will fix it in the future. Colin Wehrle

Level 2
Sean, Oh wow, thanks so much for the info. This is a massive limitation that should be outlined somewhere before recommending setting it up. This was an option presented to us but now I read your feedback, we will have to reconsider setting up Auto Provisioning as well. Which brings us back to "how are we going to manage user admin for up to 10,000 people?" Kieran McKinney GoDaddy