Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Assigned tasks not showing up in to-do list

Level 3

I have assigned a few Tasks to myself across multiple Projects. However, in my to-do list, most of those tasks aren't showing up.

Attached is a screenshot of 3 Tasks under a Project that isn't showing up.

stan255_1-1692668867512.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There are numerous reasons why these tasks might not show up in your to do list. I would recommend checking the following:

• Is the status of the project set to "Current"
  • Is the planned start/completion date within the next couple of weeks
  • Are the tasks ready to start (i.e., do they have predecessors that are not yet complete) and do you have a "can start" filter applied to your to do list
  • Are there any other filters applied to your to do list that would cause these not to show?

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There are numerous reasons why these tasks might not show up in your to do list. I would recommend checking the following:

• Is the status of the project set to "Current"
  • Is the planned start/completion date within the next couple of weeks
  • Are the tasks ready to start (i.e., do they have predecessors that are not yet complete) and do you have a "can start" filter applied to your to do list
  • Are there any other filters applied to your to do list that would cause these not to show?

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

Thanks for the reply, @Richard_Le_.

1. Changing the project status from Planned to In-Progress worked!

2. Changing the planned start date to within the next few days didn't work

Is there a way to automatically change the project status to In-Progress or to a status that triggers the tasks to show up in the to-do list? Ideally, I'd like to reduce the no.of steps for my team to get started in Workfront.

Community Advisor

Hi,

In the setup area of Workfront, under Project preferences, you can configure what project status should be set when a project is first created. This can be set at a global or group level. More info in this here.

Please note, however, it is best practice to keep your projects in planning whilst they are still being built out. Whilst a project is in planning status, notifications won't go out to the project team (i.e., assignments/date changes etc.) and work will be hidden from their to do list as you have experienced. This is intentional so that project owners are not bothering the project team with work that isn't yet ready to be worked on or planned in! You can read more on project statuses here.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

Very clear explanation. Thank you, @Richard_Le_ for all your help!