Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Approvals process using user id's captured on request submission

Level 1

Hi Everyone, 

Is it possible to build a two stage approval process that assigns step one/two to users, identified by the requester using a typeahead field on a custom form, dynamically using Fusion?  I've tried following the steps as outlined in the Fusion CookBook but I can't make that work. 

Alternatively, is it possible to set up a rule that means two different people from the same team have to approve a request? I've tried to work around it by putting the pool of potential approvers into a group and built a two stage approval process with the same team applied to step one and two but Workfront is marking both steps as approved when the first approver completes there step. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Jonny, for your second question, this type of logic isn't possible with proofing, even with Fusion.  I think to do what you want you would need to create two separate teams (at least in WF) for the team you want different users to approve from, like a Team A and Team B.  I would create a task in the plan that says "get proof approval", you could set the proof up for someone from Team A to approve. You could then set up a task approval on that task for Team B.  When Team A approves the proof, that task is set to complete, which would trigger the task approval to Team B for them to review and make their task approval.

For the first question, you should be able to do what you want in Fusion.  With the typeahead fields, it becomes an array so you'll have to use the FLOW module to get the userID and name but you should be able to pass that info into the Create Proof module for the stages.

Level 1

Hi Kurt, 

Thank you for clarifying around the first question. 

Any advice on how to get at the JSON for the approvals process? I've updated a custom form to capture the users who need to approve, I've made the approvals process via the Workfront UI and set it trigger when a new issue lands. I've tried using the scenario from the Fusion cookbook (starting on pg.29) but I can't get to the Approvals Process JSON Data Structure to see the approvers so I can change them. 

Community Advisor

I've not done much automation with the Proof module, however, I've used the JSON module that is available to get at JSON data.  That module has a parse function that helps you get at JSON data.