Expand my Community achievements bar.

Why are text fields with formatting getting stripped of hyperlinks when exporting report?

Level 2

I created a custom form that includes "text fields with formatting". This allows user to enter information and add bold, italics or underline, bullets, numbering and hyperlinks. I have a report that pulls in these fields and the hyperlinks show up just fine in Workfront. However, whenever I export it in any format, all of the hyperlinks are stripped out rendering the information contained in those cells useless.

I can't figure out why this would be happening or how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi @msmanaplan,

As Designed (and as you’ve observed), native Workfront reporting does not preserve such rich text formatting on export (ie “stripping it out”).

Instead, I invite you to consider our Magic Reports solution which export pdf, tiff, Word, Excel, or even PowerPoint format, and do include all  of the user-entered bold, italics or underline, bullets, numbering and hyperlinks, just as the user entered and intended them.

I’d be happy to discuss your specific requirements further via email at doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug