Expand my Community achievements bar.

Anyone have projects with 100% completed tasks that will not allow you to set status to complete?

Level 2

We have a couple of older projects that have all tasks and subtasks complete, but when we go to change the status, it will not switch to complete. Has anyone found a fix to this glitch?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 4

Have you looked to see if there are any open issues on the project? That will also prevent it from being able to be changed to a complete status.

Level 2

We did. No open issues associated with this project.

Level 5

Did you try Recalculate Timeline? Sometimes that will work.

Level 2

I was so hopeful, because I had forgotten that trick. But no. Didn't work this time..

Community Advisor

In addition to open issues are there any tasks that have a pending approval on them, you might want to create a view for the task list that shows the task status instead of the percent complete.

Level 10

This one throws us all the time; created a column on a view to see these quickly.

Level 2

So I dug really deep. Each task was assigned Complete: Pending approval. This project was left open after that status was deprecated a few years ago. I changed each task to skipped. Still wouldn't let me close the project.

I dig even deeper, and tried to remove the assigned approval path. Even with that removed, it still won't let me close the project. I am mighty tempted to just delete it, as it is a fairly basic project with no data entered (it was built by someone who didn't understand the system back in 2019).

Any other ideas? I'm truly stumped here.

Level 2

Ooh. As a last attempt, I did a bulk task edit to change them to skipped again. Then recalculated. THAT solved the issue. Editing tasks one by one (and I triple-checked each one) did not work. For some reason, it had to be done by bulk.

Thanks for helping me puzzle this one out.

Level 10

Well done Sherrie,

I was about to suggest you try setting Project > ... > Completion Mode = Manual, allowing you to then force the Status to Complete, but see that your bulk edit effectively fixed whatever was registering as an incomplete Task, and in turn, then (assuming it is Completion Mode = Automatic) then rippled up to the Project.

Save until needed.

Regards,

Doug