Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Adjusting Project Owner Access Settings

Level 4
I have an issue that has me stumped. The same Project Owner on two different projects, created from the same template, when I go to the Sharing settings for the projects, one of them allows me to toggle and change the settings for her (see screenshot Toggle) and the other is grayed out and doesn't allow for any changes (see screenshot No Toggle). Not sure what the difference is here that is causing this. Both projects were created from the converting of Requests, could it stem from her sharing settings/permissions on the request that is linked to the resolving project? Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you. Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090
8 Replies

Level 10
Hi Andrew. If you copy the Project that has the PM's "Manage" link greyed out, is that link in the copy then active, or still grey? Regards, Doug

Level 7
This doesn't answer your question as to why it's grayed out, but what if you remove the person as the owner, and then add them back as the owner, are you then able to edit the Manage privileges?

Level 4
Hi Doug, It remains greyed out Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090

Level 4
Hi Greg, I thought this would work incase the Template permissions were changed btw when the projects were created and the 'greyed' out manage Project was being grandfathered in on the old settings. I removed the owner, saved the project, and added her back, but still no dice. Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090

Level 8
The only time I've seen that (where you can't select the access type) is when the user has been deactivated. I haven't been able to recreate it on an active user. No chance that she has 2 accounts in the system (active and deactivated)?

Level 3
What about enabling "Share" within Project Access > Manage > Advanced Settings "Share" ?

Level 4
Hi Adina, the user doesn't have multiple accounts. Hi Joe, I have verified that the Project Access sharings under Manage Advanced settings are all checked off. All projects she has created since have been good with her access Not Greyed Out. I guess we'll never know the exact reason but I think it had something to do with edits to the Project template between the creation of the projects. Andrew Beard Sr. Associate, LeapPoint "mailto:abeard@leappoint.com" abeard@leappoint.com 203-232-4090

Level 1
Hi Andrew, I'm curious if you ever figured out what caused this issue. We are intermittently experiencing the same problem and checked all of the same things you did. I initially thought it might be sue to edits to a template as well, but this issue still seems to crop up. Thanks! Jaime Jaime Winer