Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adding custom icon in report view

Level 3
I am looking to show an arrow icon on a report when a certain answer is chosen in a custom field. In the Advanced Options, there are only smiley face, flag, or colored circles options. Does anyone know if its possible to put a custom icon in (i assume in text mode) and how it can be done? Thanks!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

14 Replies

Level 10
Size your icon in advance. Upload your custom icon to any documents section of Workfront (preferably somewhere that is accessble by you and other admins, an "admin project" or similar). View the details of that image and copy the url. In your report column, under Advanced Options, add a rule indicating that you want to show icons. Switch to text mode Replace the /path of the pre-existing image with the path to your custom image and save. You may need to adjust all of your rules before switching to text mode, if you plan on having several. Otherwise, you'll have to make all changes in text-mode going forward. Also, make sure you text this out as a normal user. I'm not sure if access level restrictions will prevent them from "viewing" your custom image without sharing it. If so, then just share that image with your companies or some other method and it should resolve it.

Level 3
Perfect! Thanks so much! I got it to work

Level 3
Ok new issue! I was able to get the icon to show on the report, but when I export the report to PDF the icon doesn't show. Instead the link to the icon document shows. Any way to get the icon to show on the PDF export too?

Level 10
I don't believe this is possible. The only thing I can think of would be to print from your browser instead of export.

Level 2
I would also like the ability to add in a custom icon, and have read through the other comments/questions. Has anyone else tried to use custom icons and been able to get those icons to show up in a printed version of a report?

Level 9
Hi - I tried to do this and wasn't successful in showing the custom icon. Not sure if it was a size issue or a URL issue. Would you mind showing me the text mode line with your custom URL so I can rule that out? Thank you!

Level 3
Below is the Text Mode from the report where I use the custom icon. Note that you have to upload the image of the icon somewhere within Workfront for it to work image.case.0.comparison.icon=true image.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=DE:IMO Trending image.case.0.comparison.lefttext=DE:IMO Trending image.case.0.comparison.operator=in image.case.0.comparison.operatortype=string image.case.0.comparison.righttext=Trending Up image.case.0.comparison.truetext=https://sbhcs.attask-ondemand.com/document/preview?versionID=573b5b5c00599fc292cdd2f577e9151e&ID=573b5b5c00599fc1e2fe2fb948aea537 image.case.1.comparison.icon=true image.case.1.comparison.leftmethod=DE:IMO Trending image.case.1.comparison.lefttext=DE:IMO Trending image.case.1.comparison.operator=in image.case.1.comparison.operatortype=string image.case.1.comparison.righttext=Trending Down image.case.1.comparison.truetext=https://sbhcs.attask-ondemand.com/document/preview?versionID=573b5b5c00599f93dd5bdb770c07b799&ID=573b5b5c00599f921e3703e1b3b53c15 linkedname=direct namekey=IMO Trending querysort=DE:IMO Trending textmode=true valuefield=IMO Trending valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString width=75

Level 9
Thank you Alison (and you even spell it right! lol). I was able to get it working, much appreciated!

Level 3
Glad you got it to work! Always happy to help a fellow one L Alison =)

Level 3
Hi just wondering if anyone has been able to get this to work? I need the icons to print on a report or PDF. Also, where do you find the URL for the image when it's stored under "documents" in workfront? Theresa Gibson Reed Technology and Information Services Inc.

Level 5

Just in case anyone else finds this item later - the URL can be found here (taken from page 103 on Advanced Reporting.PDF

1. Upload the image as a document on a project.

2. Preview the document and copy the complete URL located in

the browser.

Level 5
Here's my cheat sheet. Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 2
As far as I can tell it's not possible to get the custom icons to export and be visible. Even if you save them in the a Workfront project and use the Current Version ID as the target for the "image.case.0" line in text mode. John Mitchell Eyefinity

Level 10

There was a handout at Leap that a tutorial on doing this. The code they used was:

displayname=Alert

image.case.0.comparison.icon=true

image.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=plannedCompletionDate

image.case.0.comparison.lefttext=plannedCompletionDate

image.case.0.comparison.operator=between

image.case.0.comparison.operatortype=date

image.case.0.comparison.righttext=$$TODAY-9d

image.case.0.comparison.righttextrange=$$TODAY-4d

image.case.0.comparison.truetext=https://WEBADDRESS

image.case.1.comparison.icon=true

image.case.1.comparison.leftmethod=plannedCompletionDate

image.case.1.comparison.lefttext=plannedCompletionDate

image.case.1.comparison.operator=between

image.case.1.comparison.operatortype=date

image.case.1.comparison.righttext=$$TODAY-3d

image.case.1.comparison.righttextrange=$$TODAY

image.case.1.comparison.truetext=https://WEBADDRESS

image.case.2.comparison.icon=true

image.case.2.comparison.leftmethod=plannedCompletionDate

image.case.2.comparison.lefttext=plannedCompletionDate

image.case.2.comparison.operator=between

image.case.2.comparison.operatortype=date

image.case.2.comparison.righttext=$$TODAY-3y

image.case.2.comparison.righttextrange=$$TODAY-10d

image.case.2.comparison.truetext=https://WEBADDRESS

linkedname=direct

namekey=plannedCompletionDate

querysort=plannedCompletionDate

shortview=true

textmode=true

1valuefield=plannedCompletionDate

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. It doesn't display any icons. I tried my private web site, I tried the URL from an image in a project, I even tried inserting the Amazon links to the gif files. the icons never displayed.