Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adding a specific TASK Planned Start Date to a Project Report View

Level 1

Hi Workfront Friends! I'm looking for some text mode assistance. We have a series of projects, all of which contain a task for "Initial Launch". When viewing a report of all of these projects, I would love to be able to have a column with the Planned Start Date of the "Initial Launch" task for each one of these projects. Any suggestions?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @BrianHa3 - This should work, but let me know if not!

displayname=Initial Launch Date
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Initial Launch",{name}),CONCAT({plannedStartDate}))
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @BrianHa3 - This should work, but let me know if not!

displayname=Initial Launch Date
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Initial Launch",{name}),CONCAT({plannedStartDate}))
valueformat=HTML

Level 2

I am actually trying to do something similar, but slightly different and wondering if you have any advice @VictoriaLinn. I am trying to report on the duration between the actual completion date of one type of task (DE:Task Type = Copy Deliverable) in a project and the actual completion date of another task type (DE:Task Type = Deliverable) within a project. I have done something similar using a few calculated fields (as I need to group in to chart) I created to calculate the duration between the project actual start date and and the deliverable task actual completion date, but can't seem to figure out how to replicate this for two task type dates. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Jess,

Calculating the duration between two Tasks' Actual Duration Dates is tricky, but I wrote up one technique you might find of use in this Going The Extra Milestone blog post.

Regards,

Doug

Level 1

This worked perfectly - this is going to be so helpful! Thank you so much!