Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Add instructions to a Request Queue?

Level 3
We have a support request queue that routes to the administrator team. We have categories like "Reports & Dashboards", "How do I?", My Work Area", etc. There is a subject, and description field along with a severity. I would like to add some instructions to let people know what information we need to address their support request, ie, a link to the page where the issue exists, a screenshot if applicable, expected vs. actual behavior, etc. I'm having trouble figuring out how to add some instructions to the support requests page. Does anyone have any suggestions? Screenshot of our support queue included: Randy Roberts ZPA - Zimmerman Advertising LLC
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Randy, I'd suggest you add a custom form for each type of request, and within each form, always fill in the "Instructions" on each custom parameter (which then shows those instructions via the [?] hover tool-tip to end users), and/or use one or more "Descriptive Text" custom parameters to guide your user on how to complete the form. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads

Level 10
Hi: I agree with Doug. You can add hover help to the custom attributes on the form. Setup, custom forms, select the object for issue (requests are modeled as issues in WorkFront), select an attribute. Enter helpful text in the Instructions field (on the left). Then, you'll see the question mark in the balloon/bubble thing – when you point at it, the Instruction text pops up. Hope that helps! Eric

Level 4
Could this be done with the Descriptive Text custom field type? I recently used it on a form in a similar manner to provide directions on what to do with the form once complete (regarding adding an approval path and setting the issue to a specific Status so that it moves into the approval stage). You could also add Logic to it so that it will change based on prior selections in the form. Jason Maust McGuireWoods LLP

Level 4
In the past I've added instructions to the Project description. Instead of just Welcome to the Workfront Support Queue you can add a pretty long paragraph, of information of how to use the queue. Descriptive Text fields on the form are great as well. And can be controlled by display logic to only pop up if a particular answer is selected. Descriptive Text can also be a hyperlink. Like to a wiki page or to Workfront's help site. Or if emergency is selected in a custom form descriptive text could display a phone number or request to text a Slack channel. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: www.capabilitysource.com email: melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com Helpful? Buy me a coffee: https://www.patreon.com/mlayten - we simplify your work so you can run your business -

Level 2
Just like @Melinda Layten I added instructions for the request type in the project description: Just like others have mentioned added instructions to the fields in your custom form help as well so that users can hover and enter what you require. Andrea Peine-Ardila Hackensack Medical

Level 3
Thank you all. I'm gonna try Andrea's solution first (mainly because it's the easiest) and if I need more contextual instructions, I'll try Doug's solution. Thanks for all the great suggestions! Randy Roberts ZPA - Zimmerman Advertising LLC