Expand my Community achievements bar.

A user is assigned to a multiple role in Workfront

Level 2

Hi Community, please we need your input and advise on the question below with a screenshot of what we are trying to achieve.

When a user is assigned to a multiple role in Workfront how does this impact the project plan? For example, a user with a primary role: 'Project manager' is assigned 50%, and for Other roles: 'Project Coordinator' is 50%. 

The essence of assigning a user to multiple roles is for resource management so that we know who is available to perform different tasks based on their roles and competency. 

User assinged to multiple roles in Workfront.PNG

Thanks for your input and advise, it is super appreciated. 

6 Replies

Level 7

I'm not sure if the percentage of roles on any individual effects the project plan.  Regardless of their designation if you assign 1 hour to a person the assignment should be 1 hour regardless of their role.

Level 2

@Richard__Carlson thanks for your contribution, I'm not sure I understand what you meant by 'if you assign 1 hour to a person the assignment should be 1 hour regardless of their role'. please can you provide a kind of illustration using Workfront? this will be help for clarification. 

Level 7

Quite literally that statement meant - an hour in Los Angeles is 60 minutes, just like an hour in Montreal is 60 minutes.  In the context of assigning someone a task...

Level 10

I think maybe what the OP is referring to is the impact on hours per role, not hours per person?

Level 7

I have never reached that level of granularity but I wonder how the reporting would work if your role is split 50/50 - Janitor / Head Cook.

If the assignment in the project is to the person by name, how does one fully realize which role is being fulfilled?