Expand my Community achievements bar.

Keeping all custom forms when converting issue to project

Level 2

I'm trying to convert an issue to a project, attach a template to the project, and keep all custom forms and data associated with them. I can't seem to get the custom forms from the issue and their data to transfer over. At first I tried using the "Convert Object" module but after reading a previous post "Workfront module Convert object - custom form data" it looks like I need to use the "Misc Action" module and Issue -> convertToProject" to prevent data loss and keep all of the form metadata. I tried using only the "Copy custom data" checkbox but I'm only able to transfer the data from one form over to the new project via the "Category ID" which doesn't accept more than 1 form. I tried mapping over the objectCategories:category ID's but I can't find that section in the "Misc Action" module. How would I transfer multiple forms and their data to the new project?

Lawson02_0-1716414135629.pngLawson02_1-1716414153928.png

5 Replies

Community Advisor

As long as you have the "copy custom data" checkbox checked, and the forms are also project forms, you shouldn't need to specify anything else, Workfront will do it for you.

Level 2

When I don't specify the Category ID the forms don't transfer over. Why would that be?

Community Advisor

Is there data on those forms? There has to be some piece of data filled out for the form to attach. If there isn't any data, you can either set the "copy custom forms" field to "true" and that will bring the forms over or have fusion add the forms after the fact

Level 2

Yes there is data in the forms, when I check that field I receive the error: The operation failed with an error. [500] class com.attask.model.RKUser cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (com.attask.model.RKUser is in unnamed module of loader 'deployment.redrock.ear.java.jar' @5ac33535; java.lang.String is in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

Level 2

When building custom forms, is it best to make them all project forms, in general? will that improve usability?  we're just beginning to expand our Workfront to our broader agency, as well as build more custom forms, and i'm aiming for flexibility as we go... we're on a steep learning curve and i know we'll have adjustments/improvements along the way.  i'm feeling some anxiety about screwing up other people's work/projects/reports/dashboards/boards just everything. It feels like there's a lot that could go wrong.