Expand my Community achievements bar.

Add custom form to issues or tasks within a project automatically

Level 2

I would like to add the same custom form to issues or tasks within a project when a new task or issue is created under the same project without doing this manually. Is there an option for this?

5 Replies

Community Advisor

@CrystalH 

For tasks there is an option in the project edit area (can also be setup at the template level) that allows you to setup custom forms:

KellieGardner_0-1717620240508.png

There isn't the same option available for issues so my workaround for that was to remove the ability to "inline add issues to a project" and instead have a "queue" setup on my projects (and templates) that requires users to fill it out forms when submitting issues. Basically I followed all the same logic as creating a request queue but it's not "published as Help Request Queue"

KellieGardner_1-1717620290868.png

KellieGardner_2-1717620392701.png

Level 2

Thanks so much for sending those options. 

We already have a queue set up but want it visible to only a select few. I figured a workaround would be to create a project and add tasks/issues however the custom form per issue/task to automatically be added doesn't seem feasible.

If you have any other options I would truly appreciate it

Community Advisor

Hi there,

With Kellie's option above about adding the queue topics within a project and removing the ability to add issues in-line within the project, this means you can associate any custom form(s) with the queue topics so they forms are automatically included/filled in at issue creation. This answers your need if I'm understanding your post correctly. When you set up the queue topic, you are able to attach a custom form to always attach to issues created from it.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi Madalyn,

We currently have a queue ex. Coffee house

topic: Latte's (has a custom form attached)

I would like to limit visibility to "Latte's" to a select group.

If that is not possible I would create a separate project where select few can create tasks/issues but have the custom form added (automatically) to each new task/issue.

Not sure if either is feasible, please advise, thank you.

Community Advisor

Hi Crystal,

Unfortunately you can't set different access per queue topic. This is actually a request/Idea under investigation and the product team is working to improve intake/request process and has acknowledged the idea on this here (please upvote!). So you'd need a separate queue per set of requesters basically.

Within the queue, you can set up your queue topic(s) to be associated with custom form(s) so that any new request automatically has the custom form presented to fill in.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )