Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Add a custom field data point to a calendar

Level 2

Hello! I am looking to add a custom field data point to a calendar view.

More specifically, in the program level, we have a custom form that includes a date. I would like to see if I can pull that date into a calendar view. 

Is this possible?

Any help would be much appreciated!!! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

My initial thought would be add a custom field at a program level, then create a calculated field at the project level to what campaign that project lived at and the associated custom field. (or likely simpler, create those fields specific to a placeholder project.

Although, to flesh it out more youd be better having a placeholder project and you can use that for the date fields in the item logic.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

My initial thought would be add a custom field at a program level, then create a calculated field at the project level to what campaign that project lived at and the associated custom field. (or likely simpler, create those fields specific to a placeholder project.

Although, to flesh it out more youd be better having a placeholder project and you can use that for the date fields in the item logic.

Level 2

Thank you!!! 

After looking into it more, it looks like some items using that field are showing up and some are not. There are about 6 people that enter these types of programs in Workfront and only one person's programs are showing, so it makes me think it might have to do something with her permissions?