Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Add a calculation to a report

Level 4

Hello!  I have a project report with a column for actual hours.  I would like to add a column next to it that simply takes the actual hours and multiplies it by a dollar amount.  Can anyone help with the text code for that?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Justin, try Actual Cost and also trying recalculating expressions not just finance. It may also take a couple refreshes or clearing your cache. As long as the role has $ associated and the role is associated with users, it should show. It may also not be a retroactive thing, it may only be for their hours logged moving forward.
More info on all this here - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/projects/project-finances/track-...

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, if you associate your users with a job role, and each job role has a billing rate associate it, you can add in a revenue or labor cost column into your hour report that shows you hours x $$ to get this natively without text mode...

Thanks Madalyn - I would love to get this working.  I added a $ amount in cost per hour for one of our roles.  I also added a column for Actual Labor Cost on my project report, but the Actual Labor Cost is showing as $0.  When I go into Hours of a project, it is also showing $0 under Actual Cost next to all the hours logged by the users in that role.  I tried "Recalculating finance" to no avail.  Am I missing something?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Justin, try Actual Cost and also trying recalculating expressions not just finance. It may also take a couple refreshes or clearing your cache. As long as the role has $ associated and the role is associated with users, it should show. It may also not be a retroactive thing, it may only be for their hours logged moving forward.
More info on all this here - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/manage-work/projects/project-finances/track-...

Community Advisor

Hi Justin,

In order for the actual labour cost / actual cost to calculate against tasks, you will need to make sure that you have the correct finance settings applied.

In the settings for each task, there is a finance section where you can define the "Cost Type". This should be set to "Role Hourly" if you want to use the costs per hour associated with job roles. 

You can also set this at a global level from the admin panel, so that any newly created tasks ALWAYS have this setting applied. Go to Setup >> ProjectPreferences >> Tasks and Issues, then set "Cost Type" to "Role Hourly".

Details of all the cost type options and how they work can be found here.

Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 4

Thank you Rich & Madalyn.  I confirmed that cost type is already set to Role Hourly.

I tested out recalculating finances (and expressions and timeline) on another project and some of the logged hour entries updated with the Actual Cost in the Hours tab (and on the project report), but not all.  There are still some logged entries from the same user that show as 0.  This seems like a pretty broken function, unless I'm doing something wrong.  Any other advice?

Community Advisor

Hi Justin,

Have you checked the finance settings on the individual tasks where the hour entries are logged as $0? Even though you may have "Role Hourly" set at a global level, this doesn't prevent an end user (with an appropriate license) from manually changing this at the task level.

Best Regards,

Rich.