Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Adaptive Icons

Level 2
Hi All, I'm starting a little mini-project to create an information-dense column that uses icons to display current information. I am aware of the "Status Icons" default column and I really like most of it's functionality. What I would like to modify in that column is as follows, hoping there is a text mode wizard that has already done some of this work: 1) Modify the "default" icons in the row of icons that displays. (Current default is late, notes, documents, issues, critical path, approval required, and sample text) 2) Make sure all the icons retain their ability to adapt based on status. E.g. when a comment is made in the updates section, the "note" icon goes from grey to yellow. 3) Explore secondary and tertiary adaptability for the icons. E.g. when a document is uploaded to a task, the document icon changes to a red document, indicating that there **is** a document attached, but it is not approved, or final. Then change the document icon over to blue, when a final version of the document is indicated. (Workflow looking something like this: Null document on task --> Document version 1.0 uploaded --> Document out for client comment --> Final document attached) Please tell me someone out there has explored an icon supercolumn that can have multiple, adaptable icons in a single line? Thanks! John Mitchell
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi John, The closest I've come to this is the ""https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-views/#latest-update-icon-hover">Latest Update... " text mode example on the WFPro site. It is an example of an icon that changes based on the Last Note Entry Date. In my views, I'm referencing icons that are already in the system. As exciting as graphics are, I've opted to stick mostly to HTML 5 since there's so much capability and it's easier to maintain. With stacked columns (as seen in "https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-views/#shared-columns">this tutorial + video ), HTML 5 and native icons, I've come up with some interesting presentations, such as this project view: Thanks, Narayan