Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Individual Documents status icon for Project Report

Level 3

Has this been addressed? I can't find anything.

I am creating a Project Report. I want a little document icon that links to the Documents area, the "status icons" do this but there are 5 icons in the tile and some of these are irrelevant to the Projects I am creating the report for. It would be nice to have just the "documents" icon from this tile all by itself. It seems that currently there is no way to have this.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hello @Rafal_Bainie and @RandyRoberts !

Thank you both for your replies and suggestions! You made me really dig deeper. I really wanted a single column solution, I liked the the calculated field approach but the user group I am working with is unreliable at present to ensure that this would get associated to all projects- and the need for this column on a report isn't worth the battle.  After some trial and error here's what I have come up with for a single column solution that only requires the existing Project data. If a Project Has Documents, show a link to the Project Documents:

displayname=Documents
textmode=true
valueexpression=IF({hasDocuments},CONCAT("https://{domain}.my.workfront.com/project/",{ID},"/documents"))
valueformat=HTML

thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

In a Project report, create a new column called "Has Documents" and select "has documents" from the add column wizard. Then go to advanced oprions and create a rule that displays an icon if there is documents. It isn't a link but you can create a link in a report as well.

Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 4.51.08 pm.jpgScreenshot 2023-04-17 at 4.51.27 pm.jpg

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Level 7

I go with 2 step approach:

1. custom calculated field e.g. "Documents" with this formula:

CONCAT("https://[your instance].my.workfront.com/",{ID},"documents")

2. in the report use this custom column:

displayname=Documents
link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Documents)
textmode=true
valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Documents}),"","Documents")
valueformat=HTML

I hope I didn't miss anything

Level 10

Thanks Rafal, That's the 2nd part of the solution Tvasilovic was looking for. So now there's a column for "Does the project have documents?" and a column to link to them.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hello @Rafal_Bainie and @RandyRoberts !

Thank you both for your replies and suggestions! You made me really dig deeper. I really wanted a single column solution, I liked the the calculated field approach but the user group I am working with is unreliable at present to ensure that this would get associated to all projects- and the need for this column on a report isn't worth the battle.  After some trial and error here's what I have come up with for a single column solution that only requires the existing Project data. If a Project Has Documents, show a link to the Project Documents:

displayname=Documents
textmode=true
valueexpression=IF({hasDocuments},CONCAT("https://{domain}.my.workfront.com/project/",{ID},"/documents"))
valueformat=HTML

thanks for the help!