Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I restore the task list and menu icons for a user?

Level 3

I have a user who was once able to see all the tasks and menu icons for a particular project. He is the manager of the project and his access is Planner level. Whenever I log in as Admin, I can see all of these things, and it's only recently that this happened to him. Is there something I can do to restore this, because this is a pretty big problem.

My View (In Chrome):

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 12.50.30 PM.png

My User's View (In Firefox):

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 12.43.17 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Well. It seems I managed to rubber ducky my way to a solution. Apparently, the platform is really, really slow and it doesn't give me the List view option until I reload the page and then about half a second after. Although not the end of the world, the lag on the platform is really odd and intermittent over the last week, and somewhat frustrating.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

My first guess is to reset the user account by going to YOURDOMAIN.my.workfront.com/resetUser while logged in as that user.

let us know if that works.

Level 3

That shouldn't have any impact on work they've done or anything like that, right? It would just reset their preferences?

Also, this seemed to habve happened when they switched to Board view. I did it as an admin, and I am seeing the same result. All the icons are gon, and I don't have the ability to switch back to list view...

Correct answer by
Level 3

Well. It seems I managed to rubber ducky my way to a solution. Apparently, the platform is really, really slow and it doesn't give me the List view option until I reload the page and then about half a second after. Although not the end of the world, the lag on the platform is really odd and intermittent over the last week, and somewhat frustrating.

Level 10

Resetting the user only resets the prefs, no effect on anything else. I use this when I'm developing a filter or view in text mode and muck it up where I get an error. Since WF remembers what filter or view you used and remembers it, which is super convenient, it also remembers filters that you've mucked up. Resetting brings me back to defaults so I can fix the filter before trying it again.

Community Advisor

Correct, you were in the Boards view which removes a lot of items and need to change back to list view, which you did

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 1

I am in board view and I am not finding how to switch back to list view.  

Community Advisor

There is an issue right now with Board-related things, I went to take a screenshot for you and now I can't either, it must be because of the known issue. When that's resolved, you'll see towards the top center of the board view an option called task view or legacy task view, something like that. Click that and you're back on the task list view.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )