Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Username already taken, but cannot find in users list

Level 1

I am trying to add a new user however when I submit I get an error stating that the username is already taken. When I try to search the user it does not exist and when I try to assign a task to this user it cannot find them. How can I fix this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

I found the issue, I was only searching under the active filter. I removed it and found this user has been deactivated. I know what to do from here. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I think the "username" might be referring to the email address. Did you search on this, or on the user's name?

Level 1

I searched the email and also went back to see if I could find the actual persons name with no luck. 

Community Advisor

Can you maybe post a few screenshots showing how you are adding new users (since there are several ways to do so), and how you are searching the email please?

Correct answer by
Level 1

I found the issue, I was only searching under the active filter. I removed it and found this user has been deactivated. I know what to do from here. Thank you.