Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Actual Hours Issue

Level 2

I'm trying to pull hours & minutes between actual start and actual completion on an issue. I see a field for "Actual Hours", but it pulls all zeros. Is there a code to pull hours/minutes between start/end? I've tried

displayname=Act Time Taken
linkedname=direct
textmode=true
valueexpression=WORKHOURSDIFF({actualStartDate},{actualCompletionDate})
valueformat=HTML

also w/

valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({actualStartDate},{actualCompletionDate})

Thanks,

Vin

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you Richard! I think this will work. I noticed some issues returned 0 because the start/end time was outside working hours (since it can be a user globally).So going to see how to calculate those without capturing full 24 hours for other issues.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Vin,

Try WORKMINUTESDIFF instead, then divide by 60 to get the number of hours. The below textmode should do it

valueexpression=ROUND(DIV(WORKMINUTESDIFF({actualCompletionDate},{actualStartDate}),60),2)

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you Richard! I think this will work. I noticed some issues returned 0 because the start/end time was outside working hours (since it can be a user globally).So going to see how to calculate those without capturing full 24 hours for other issues.

Community Advisor

No problem Vin. If this solved your problem, please mark it as a Correct Answer so that others know that the solution works.