Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

A report for shared reports

Level 6

Workfront Community,

I may be overlooking the filter or report type but is there a way to filter a report for reports to only show reports that are shared with a specific user?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I just did some digging and could not find how to filter this either. You could create a report with no filter and then run the report as the specific user. This would then show all the reports they have access to. Definitely not the cleanest way to get the info, but it'll work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I just did some digging and could not find how to filter this either. You could create a report with no filter and then run the report as the specific user. This would then show all the reports they have access to. Definitely not the cleanest way to get the info, but it'll work.

Level 6

Thanks, Monique! It's working for what I need. One of our project admins is leaving so I'm making sure that the new admin has access to all the same reports, dashboards and project templates.

Community Advisor

Hi @William-- & @MoniqueEvans, popping in here because I'm wondering a similar thing. I want to create a report report to filter basically with 'shared with'. This isn't native in the report report options. I know I can add a column in our reports page view for shared with, but I want a report to show all reports shared with people in X Group (we support several groups and all our reports right now are together - I know we can create report folders but seeing if there is a report report filter I can use for people in various groups to use). I see the 'report > linked team IDs' but that doesn't generate anything for me, what is that referencing?

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1678826100886.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

Madalyn have you tried to tweak the EXISTS statement William shared to point to the specific group instead of the individual user? You could also use the quick filter and type the group's name, which only shows the reports with those words in the shared with column.

I've never used the Linked Teams IDs filter but I did find it in the API explorer and know it's a Team Collection. If you figure it out, please share back!

Screen Shot 2023-03-15 at 10.25.12 AM.png

Community Advisor

Hi Jared, 

The below filter can be used in any type of report (reports, projects, tasks, issues, etc.) to return a list of records that are shared with a specific user. It will display records where access is either inherited or shared directly.

• Swap out the GUID with the user's GUID.
  • This will not return records that a user can only access because the record was shared with their role, team, or group - it looks for records that were shared directly to the user.
  • If you want to return records that were shared to a specific role, team, or group, you can use the same filter and just swap out the ID of the role, team, or group. (You can enable multiple filters by layering in OR statements)
  • If you want to return records that AREN'T shared directly to the ID in the filter, you can change the EXISTSMOD from EXISTS to NOTEXISTS.

EXISTS:A:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=ACSRUL
EXISTS:A:accessorID=5c1e831f02dc1e4ae10d0c0134b7c072
EXISTS:A:securityObjID=FIELD:ID

In a nutshell, what this filter does is "show a list of _____ (whatever the object type of the report is) where a Sharing rule exists AND that Sharing rule is for the provided ID" 

Hope this helps.
-WE

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf