Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

A guide to Text Mode

Level 4
We've launched Workfront and now getting into writing reports. I've experimented using Text Mode with some success but having a tough time finding a central guide for scripting. The Help site is very limited with some examples spread out in site but it doesn't give detail explanation of all functions and methods. Looking for some direction from the experienced community. Dave Barry Dawn Foods
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 3
It's a long standing complaint. The best you can do is ask in the forums and hope someone knows. Randy Roberts ZPA - Zimmerman Advertising LLC

Level 10
I agree with Randy. Though I have found it helpful on several occasions to look at my Advanced Reporting Book from the 3 day class WF gave on Advanced Reporting. If you haven't taken that class I recommend it and then make sure you take a PDF of that book. I still have mine. It's not ideal, but is helpful. Let me know if you want me to attach it. Vic Alejandro, PMP, CSM | IT Program Manager Denver Water | t: (303-628-7262) | c: (303-319-6473) "http://www.denverwater.org/"> http://www.denverwater.org INTEGRITY | VISION | PASSION | EXCELLENCE | RESPECT

Level 4

Hi Dave, Here are some presentations from this year's Leap conference that have good explanations & examples.

Product Fundamentals - Reports & Dashboards

Advanced Product - Collections

Advanced Product - Calculated Fields

Advanced Product - Express Yourself

Andrew Beard - LeapPoint Senior Associate LeapPoint Herndon VA

Level 6
@Vic Alejandro could you attach the PDF please? Catherine Hayes Manager, Business Analytics and Project Operations The Channel Company Westborough MA

Level 3
The Workfront Training team offers the 3-part Advanced Reporting class live twice a month. The first class begins with an introduction to text mode, then you start building custom filters, views, and groupings. The live classes are great because you can ask questions and pick up tips from your fellow attendees. You can register by going to Workfront Ascent and going to the live training calendar to find out when the next live classes are offered. You do need to register for the 3 classes individually, and the classes must be taken in sequential order. We now have the Advanced Reporting classes available on-demand in Workfront Ascent. While the Training team recommends the live classes for the optimal learning experience, the on-demand courses will give you the flexibility to take Advanced Reporting whenever you want, plus refer back to the class when you need to review something. Click the Learning Library in Workfront Ascent to find the individual classes or the Advanced Reporting program. I've attached a set of quick guides that we shared after our Introduction to Text Mode Reporting session at Leap this year. Hopefully you'll find some nuggets of information in there that are useful. Allison Lippert Workfront Training Team Manager allisonlippert@workfront.com

Level 10
Sure. Here ya go. Obviously it helps if you've already taken the class as some of the items are exercises that without context may be tough to understand. And it is quite large, but doing a Find really helps get to some items you wish to see. Good luck.