Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

2019.3 Beta 4 Release Issues

Level 9
Also - just to confirm from the community side - the best place for beta release specific feedback is in the "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer?communitykey=0425cafc-f0ec-47fc-be20-a21dc073d520&tab=digestviewer" Beta group . Thanks for checking! Kyna Baker Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront
35 Replies

Level 10
Thanks for these! I'll test them out on my end too. I have been submitting Beta issues to Support. There is an "environment" drop down and you can say preview. I also put "BETA TESTING:" in the header so they don't keep writing back to me "Is this just in Preview or in Production as well?" HAHAHAHA! I have found a ton of issues with Home in Preview and I want to make sure that is fixed before it goes to production. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
same: I've been putting 19.3 in the title of my tickets so I can figure out which ones to prioritize and so that the helpdesk is clued into this being for the 19.3 release. Alison: I also have to clear my cache a lot more than normal. :( -skye

Level 2
Hello, I want to clarify the desired functionality on the new inline editing: a) I agree it is nice that it does "appear" faster. b) Is the intention that the lines are grey until the point the dates are saved and therefore turn to black text? This is instead of the flashing grey bar? c) I have tested this in preview on a project with many predecessors and changing tasks lengths/dates. It is much quicker to show the new dates (grey) but it never comes back as black text (i.e. saved)? It just stays grey. This is a confusing user experience - "has it saved" - "why is it staying grey". Item c does not appear to happen if you choose a smaller subset. Please can somebody confirm what the intention is here? Thanks Jack Jack Kirkland Berkeley Group

Level 10
I assume you are using the New Experience? I am using the current UI and I'm not seeing the same issues in Home that you've reported (ie, I can update % Complete, status, etc from Home). Regarding the inline editing, not sure what you consider large/complex project - but I have a schedule with 300+ tasks, and am not seeing dates disappear etc. The dim goes back to black pretty quickly. Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 2
Here is the issue we are seeing - both on new and old interface. You can see that a duration has been changed, the cells go grey and then dont return to black. Am I missing something? You can also see that the dates have not updated to 3 days. I am aware duration is blank but this shouldn't effect it. Does anybody else have this problem? Thanks Jack Kirkland Berkeley Group

Level 2
Hello - me again! Here is another example: I change the duration at a top level task to 2 days - the text turns grey, but the dates do not update and it stays grey. I must be going mad! Jack Kirkland Berkeley Group

Level 10
You're not going mad (well at least this would not be the defining factor �� ). I'm seeing the same thing in our Preview.

Level 2
Thanks Vic for responding. Good to know I am not the only one! Is there a response from Workfront on this as a recognised issue? This will be a nightmare for our project managers. Many thanks Jack Kirkland Berkeley Group

Level 10
I'm not sure. I have just chalked it up to the fact that it's the Preview Environment so they're still working through the kinks.

Level 10
hey folks, y'all know you need to submit helpdesk tickets in order to get it recognized as an issue, right? ... just checking... -skye

Level 7
there's also a beta 'group' which has a discussion section in the community site - where is the appropriate place to discuss the beta and provide constructive feedback? Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Level 5
I like it in the Beta discussion group if someone from Workfront product department is watching it. Tammie Bouchard National Safety Council

Level 7
*Edit: This was in reference to Skye's response about making sure there are support tickets created. =) Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 7
Hey Richard and Tammie, There is an Alpha area that had a select number of customers that participated. Issues found during the alpha testing were handled in that area. However, now that we're in Beta, issues can be handled through our normal support process. As a side note, I'm aware of the date issue, and I have a ticket with one of my clients that I'm working on with our internal engineering teams. I'd recommend anyone that is seeing these types of issues follow our normal support process and submit a request. It should move up to our Tier 2 team rather quickly, and can be tied to any defect(s) that we have open for the issue(s) experienced. Thanks! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Employee
Also - just to confirm from the community side - the best place for beta release specific feedback is in the "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer?communitykey=0425cafc-f0ec-47fc-be20-a21dc073d520&tab=digestviewer" Beta group . Thanks for checking! Kyna Baker Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

Level 2
Hi Kyna I can't see any discussion items when I follow that link - do I need to register or do something to be included in the Beta discussion group Regards Bob Sleigh BT Group

Level 2
My colleague pointed out the button on that screen which says "Join Community", I clicked that and registered for the email digests and voila, I've got the items! Regards Bob Sleigh BT Group

Level 10
If I'm reading this right, it looks like the "New experience when inline editing information in lists" (row dimming vs. grey flashing bars) is being removed from early before-release and has been moved to regular release. Maybe @Dustin Martin could confirm? (On some pages there's basically a double listing and one of them has "removed from release" stuck on the line and the other one doesn't.) -skye

Level 10
Did you try to refresh the page? When I do a page refresh, the dates go back to black. (now I'm hearing Amy Winehouse in my head!!) Katherine Haven, PMP VP, Director, Business Technologies - PMO FCB

Level 2
Hello Refreshing the page does turn dates to black. However, very poor UX if this is required every time, so I'm sure this cant be a permanent fix! I have logged with support accordingly and they have verified the issue and I understand this has been passed to the development team. Cheers Jack Jack Kirkland Berkeley Group