Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

roll up task custom field entry to project custom form fields

Level 2

Hello all,

New to fusion and building a onboarding process using Workfront and Fusion. The scenario is built to create a project from a request. This so far works perfectly. My problem is we have many people involved in this process and would like to make a report that will show JUST the tasks an individual is assigned. I can attach a task custom form to the related tasks and have the assignee input information in the custom field at the report level but I cannot roll that info up to the "project" custom form (same form) but ultimately that is where I want it for visibility when reviewing just the project information. I am certain there is a way to build this in Fusion but I'm just not there yet. I'm hoping someone out there may have a suggestion on how I might do this.

My goal is find the "task" custom form fields related to each project and copy/update that info. to the related "project" custom form for each project.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is for sure doable, my only concern would be if you have the same property on multiple tasks, how do you know which one is "right" to push up to the project?

Setting that aside, the way I would probably tackle this one is to setup a task webhook, and then if one of the properties you want to roll up gets modified, you could make a POST request back to the project updating the metadata. So essentially, the fusion flow would be:

1. Workfront Task Webhook

2. Filter checking to see if one of the target properties was updated

3. Update the project

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This is for sure doable, my only concern would be if you have the same property on multiple tasks, how do you know which one is "right" to push up to the project?

Setting that aside, the way I would probably tackle this one is to setup a task webhook, and then if one of the properties you want to roll up gets modified, you could make a POST request back to the project updating the metadata. So essentially, the fusion flow would be:

1. Workfront Task Webhook

2. Filter checking to see if one of the target properties was updated

3. Update the project

Level 4

If you have multiple tasks on a project  with different answers what will win? 

Do you only want the info from the tasks the user is on when they look at a report?  In that case it should be a task based report that looks up to project.  

Remember if Fusion is going  to set the Project based on a task field, it needs to have a single answer for anybody.  Otherwise you can achieve read only results with some text mode magic in reports.

Level 2

Hello - Thank you all for your help. I did achieve what I was looking for via Fusion.

I have a task report that the user can update the "task" custom field(s) on the report. Fusion is pushing the "task" custom field responses to the "project" custom fields so when the project is complete the responses can be viewed at the project level.

I hope this is helpful for someone else out there.

=D