Expand my Community achievements bar.

Debugging HTTP -> Make an OAuth 2.0 request module - Setting up a connection

Level 10

Hello,

is there anybody using the HTTP -> Make an OAuth 2.0 request module in Fusion to authorise to an API using OAuth?

I am trying to set up a new connection, but always end in an error message:

{
  "detail": "Cannot read properties of null (reading 'basic')",
  "message": "Bad Request",
  "code": "SC400",
  "statusCode": 400,
  "suberrors": []
}

I know, that the authorization should work, as it does in Postman or directly using the url with all query parameters in the browser.

Unfortunately Fusion does not provide any possibilities to debug the issue, as the developer tools do not track setting up new connections.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

5 Replies

Level 7

@lgaertner before making  the OAuth 2.0 request, did you not make  OAuth 2.0 connection with required token, client ID, and secret  if not plz establish a connection prior making  the OAuth 2.0 request 

Level 10

Hello Rite,

Thanks for your answer. That's exactly where I fail. 

When trying to setup the connection I directly run into this error. As it is working using Postman, Python or the browser directly, I think there is a bug in the app in Fusion.

Until the connection is not set up, there is also no possibility to debug the process...

We are working on the EMEA instance of Fusion and in the past I experienced a couple of bugs, which were not reproducable on the US instance. 

In the meantime I already spoke to the Adobe support and we tried to set up an OAuth connection to Workfront using the HTTP-App / Modules as well. This ran into the same error. 

So, have you been able to setup an OAuth connection using the HTTP modules?

Regards

Lars

Level 7

yes i did not in the past for US region was successful  but not recently , not sure if any recent update causing issue,I would suggest to open an incident with Adobe Support

@lgaertner 

Level 2

Yes, I am now getting this error on a connection that was previously working.

Level 10

Hello KristyAnn,

Do you mean the error I pasted in my original post?

Do you work on the EMEA-Fusion instance, or the US-instance?

Today I got confirmation from support, that there is something wrong on the EMEA-instance...

Really annoying.

Regards

Lars