Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can I change who is assigned to a task within a project using fusion?

Level 2

I would like to use the answers from a custom form to change the assignment of a task within a project.

1. Created Workfront Search module to look for the task with the template ID I needed. I filled in the collection section with "assignments:ID".
  2. Created a Workfront Misc Action module with the following:

Record Type: Assignment

Assignment Action: SwapUsersOnTasks

ID: Assignment ID (grabbed from the search module I described above)

hardcoded in the userIDs for this test

It seems that this updates the "Assigned to: ID" in the project's task, but the "assignments" column remains unchanged.

Any thoughts on how to update the assignment column of the task?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 2

@[Ryanna Becker] The way we do it is to use the Update Record module, for Record Type = Task not the Assingment record. We map the UserID to the Assigned to ID field (there are no other Assign* fields on the task to map to for this record tupe). As I understand it Assigned To, Assigned and Assignments are different entities. Assign To - allows one user, Assigned allows one user, but Assignments allows users, job roles or teams.

You may not need to make any change to your scenario - just update the view of your projects / tasks to include Assign To?

Level 3

Do your tasks have Roles assigned? I use the assignUsertoRoleOnProjects action to assign Users to Tasks on a Project using Fusion.