Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Workfront 24.7 release webinar has been cancelled but we'll post the recording and slides here soon

Employee

We are sorry to inform everyone that we have to cancel our Workfront 24.7 release webinar because of an unforeseen issue with the web hosting platform we use. We still have a recording and slides for you explaining the release. Please check back here around the end of the week to see the recording and slides. You can ask questions about new features below. Answers from our product managers might be delayed because we are entering our week-long company-wide summer shutdown. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this will cause.

UPDATE:

You can now view the recording we made in preparation for the 24.7 release webinar HERE. The release presentation slides are attached below, with several new slides added since the recording was made. We welcome your questions about the release below. 

20 Replies

Level 3

Thank you for the update regarding the cancellation of the 24.7 release webinar.

While we understand that quarterly releases are typically planned to be available on the Thursday of the second full week of the month, will the week-long company-wide summer shutdown change the date of the 24.7 Release of July 11th to another date?

Employee

Hi, Lauren! The quarterly releases do usually fall in the second full week of the month. Some years we have to delay this third release one week because of the summer shutdown and that is the case this year. It will be on July 18th.

Thank you for your question. You are probably not the only one wondering about this.  

Level 2

I understand that the Environment Promotion feature will be part of Release 24.7. Will this feature be available to all license plans, or just to those with Prime/Ultimate license plans? My company is still on the Enterprise plan until our next renewal.

Employee

Thanks for your question!

Environment Promotion will be available for customers on Prime and Ultimate package. Customers on legacy packages are not eligible.

Level 4

That's very disappointing that it's not eligible for all customers especially since the Beta was open to all customer types and people helped give feedback and spend time offering suggestions to then being told after the Beta ended, they weren't eligible. A suggestion, be up front of what customers can use functionality before you ask for Beta participants so we don't waste our time participating and also getting excited for new features we don't get to have. 

Level 1

Disappointing. I received the email below yesterday and assumed it was still on... I'm on pacific time and woke up extra early for this today. Didn't see the second email stating it was cancelled.  

Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2024 7:07 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Reminder - What's new in Adobe Workfront 24.7?

Hi Rachel,

A friendly reminder that your webinar begins tomorrow. Use the unique access link below to enter the session up to 15 minutes before the start.

Title: What's new in Adobe Workfront 24.7?
Date: June 27, 2024
Time: 08:00 AM MDT

Level 8

I believe their scheduling platform has a time-travel issue. When I try and log in to the webinar, it's actually scheduled for Jun 27th, 2026!

Level 1

I saw that too and your comment actually made me laugh

Employee

Rachel, we are so sorry. There were a lot of moving pieces that we didn't have time to stop when the cancellation became necessary. Katharine, your comment made me laugh too (and cry!). The platform changed the date so that the webinar wouldn't "play" this morning. Definitely a comedy of errors.

Level 4

Hello,

I did receive a pop up in the Setup>Custom Form page that with this release, legacy form builder is being depreciated. I think this should be included on the release overview page, Third Quarter 2024 release overview | Adobe Workfront, as this is very critical to be aware of. If this page is the "source of truth" for all release items, it should be mentioned here as well. Thanks!
Mary

Level 4

Hi @MaryMc1, while it's a bit hidden, it does seem to appear here: 

Jaye_0-1719517447378.png

That said, I do notice that this page is frequently updated during the weeks leading up to a release. I know this because I create project plans for myself every time it's announced, and every time I double check the page just before the release and more things have appeared! Perhaps it was updated after you viewed it last!

Level 4

Hi @-Jaye ,

LOL! That was definitely added after I posted this as I triple checked before adding this comment. Either way, glad it's there now. Thanks!
Mary

Level 3

We had the same concern as @MaryMc1 and have run into this same discrepancy in the past like @-Jaye mentions --it seems to happen every time.  @Caroline_Otto, it would be great to add a date/time to when the new features are posted to the release overview so customers are not burdened with continually checking for new posts in order to prepare for all of the new features released.

Employee

Thank you for this feedback! I will pass it on to the team who publishes the release notes. 

Level 4

@Caroline_Otto it would definitely be very helpful to have either a "stop" date for new additions to the page, or some sort of announcement/alert when something is added after the page is initially posted. @MaryMc1 @LaurenWood FYI another item has been added between yesterday when I checked and today! Small, and an improvement, but still frustrating when things are added "last minute" that we may or may not need to devote time in to exploring before the release is live in Production.

Jaye_0-1719585988451.png

Level 5

Quick question on "Business rules" as I don't see anything on the release overview. Who are the "Eligible customers" Will this feature be available to all license plans, or just to those with Prime or Ultimate license plans? Thank you!

Employee

Thanks for your question!

Business Rules will be available for customers on the Ultimate package. 

A quick note on what they are for those who might not know and are reading this: the ability to create validations upon object create, edit, delete that help drive governance of data entry. Say a specific custom field is required, but the data needs to be between two values; any entry will suffice the ‘required field’, but Business Rules can ensure the entry meets the specific governed parameters.

Community Advisor

we are on ultimate package, should I be able to see business rules in the preview already? or will this only come after the release?

Level 3

Even if subscribed, one would not get notification of edits to the original post, so I'm re-posting below for everyone's convenience and awareness.

Per @Caroline_Otto:

UPDATE:

You can now view the recording we made in preparation for the 24.7 release webinar HERE. The release presentation slides are attached below, with several new slides added since the recording was made. We welcome your questions about the release below.