Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Register for the Workfront Skill Exchange on August 15, 2024

Employee

2023_Sizzle_Reel_AdobeExpress.gif

Join the Workfront Skill Exchange on August 15, 2024 

Hello, Workfront Community! 

We're excited to announce that registration is now open for our free, 3-hour digital learning event.

• Date: Thursday, August 15, 2024
  • Time: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Pacific

This event is tailored for System Admins, Group Admins, Project Managers, and power users, with a keynote presentation from Richard Whitehead, Director of Workfront Product Marketing.

Choose from two tracks:

• Learn (beginner): Led by Adobe SMEs
  • Grow (intermediate/advanced): Led by expert customers

Get your questions answered in a live Q&A with the presenters and participate in a very active group chat with your peers during every session. 

Can't make it? Register anyway to receive the recording.

Register now and elevate your Workfront skills!

15 Replies

Level 4

FYI- during the registration process, I didn't see anyplace to choose between the "Learn" and "Grow' tracks

Employee

@BlakeCo You actually don't need to choose between the two tracks during registration. When you log in on the day of the event, you'll be able to join whichever track is most appropriate (and feel free to switch between them if you like!). Looking forward to seeing you there! 

Level 2

Nice, unfortunately Aug 15 is Bank Holiday in Italy, will watch the recording

Level 8

Dear Adobe:

Leveraging the service your customers pay for to serve pop-up spam is not appreciated. It is particularly not appreciated when you managed to serve it to me in the middle of a presentation. This is extremely tacky and unprofessional behavior. What do I need to submit to support to get this behavior disabled/prevented in my instance going forward?

Kat Lanning

KatherineLa_0-1720648412664.png

Employee

@KatherineLa - I am sorry this showed up at such a poor time for you. We have strict governance on these types of messages to limit the type and frequency of messages that they are shown. They are typically reserved for enablement (how to use a feature), product feedback and learning. In this case, it’s a free learning event happening in August that is the closest thing that we have to our old Leap conference and wanted to be sure users were aware.
I approved this particular message and can chat more with you about it if you like? I do appreciate the feedback and will consider ways to make these types of messages less intrusive in the future. (We've already updated one of the settings so it does not gray out your background.)
If you would like to opt-out of future messaging, you can click "Update User Preference Settings" in this link, and edit the Product Data Usage and Collection section. (Note, this will only work if you have already migrated to Adobe's Unified Experience). 

Level 8

Hi Kristen,

Thank you for the note. I'm looking forward to the event, I registered right after I got the first email in late June. In general, I'm fine with email updates on relevant things and the in-platform Announcement messages sent to our sys-admins are also welcome. I usually forward those to our more advanced users.

As for in-platform pop-up advertising though, the appropriate frequency is zero unless the admin explicitly allows it in their instance in Setup AND the user receiving the message has explicitly opted in to that type of message. Did this message appear for admin users only? Or am I going to have a rash of support tickets in our internal queue tomorrow morning? In my case #00281227 back in 2021 the last time this happened, I was also assured that all in-app popups had been disabled for my instance, so I was surprised to see that setting can now be ignored. 

I appreciate the link to the preference area, unfortunately my instance is not able to be migrated to the admin console so that won't work for us. If the admin console technical requirements ever change so we are able to revisit a migration project, will each of my users need to set that preference individually or can I set it for everyone at once? 

Level 8

I see from my support board this morning that it was served to non-admin users as well, and had it pop up again while presenting this morning. Sometimes I'm not sure Adobe fully understands how their customers are using the Workfront platform, which leads to this sort of dispute over appropriate advertising. In my instance, for example, we have about a dozen request queues that are exposed to external customer users for their support needs with around 100 customer-users. 

In the view of my org, Adobe is a vendor. At no point is it ok for a vendor to leverage a service we pay them for to serve their advertising to our customers. Especially not when to my end-user/customers it appears this is something that my org is doing rather than an external offering. I've got users asking when I'm sending out the meeting invite, and what I'll be presenting to them on the call.

KatherineLa_0-1720710566725.png

Employee

@KatherineLa @RandyRoberts The message we published in the product yesterday was sent to all Admins and Planners as we have expanded the content for our learning event this year to include more for Project Managers, Planners and Group Admins. We surveyed our Learn From Your Peers webinar attendees for more than a year to ask for their feedback in how they would like to learn about upcoming webinars and events and overwhelmingly they selected email and in-product. Please know this digital event happens once a year and will have ZERO selling motions, the content is purely learning and enablement. 

I have reached out to our In-Product governance team to ask about legacy requests to opt an entire instance out of in-product tutorials and learning content, and will reach out when I have a response. In the meantime, individual users can opt-out at any time if they are using the Adobe Unified experience by following the instructions above. Any other feedback can be sent to me directly at farwell@adobe.com

Level 2

If these types of messages continue, I would like to see a global system admin setting to opt our users out of these messages. Individual non-admin users opting out of these types of messages isn't a good option.

Users were contacting me about the Skills Exchange message and I didn't have any information to provide to them about why they were seeing the message. I contacted support for more information and support wasn't able to provide information either. 

Level 10

I also do NOT appreciate this. We pay for this platform and just because adobe is the current developer does not give them the right to interrupt our work for their commercial break which holds zero interest and does not apply to 99.99% of my users. As if Adobe doesn't look bad enough in the news right now, you all have to personally annoy each of my users and make it even worse. I asked a few years ago to be removed from all surveys, popups, ads and was under the impression this was "forever". Reference Case #00281836.

Should I open another ticket for this? And if so, how often? so I can preempt it before it happens again.

Level 10

Really? Another popup this morning? What's it gonna take to get you to quit spamming me? The Adobe spam team over-communicates while we haven't heard from our "Success Manager" for about a year. Ironic, huh?

Instead of "End User Communications, I'd like to be titled  "End Adobe Communications"

popup.png

Level 7

The problem is that pop-ups are not limited to system administrators; non-admin users are also receiving them.

A setting to opt-in/opt-out pop-ups at the organizational level should be provided.

Employee

@RandyRoberts I was hoping you would like the Cookbook as you helped contribute to it! That message only went to Admins and we did try to exclude anyone who had seen it previously when we originally published it. As mentioned in the "Other" section of the Third Quarter 2024 release overview, "We are implementing a technology change for our in-product guides over the next few weeks. While we've tried to minimize the impact of this transition, some users may encounter guides that they have previously seen." 

@_Manish_Singh @Alexa_M_PSU - As mentioned in my reply above, the Skill Exchange event was shared with all Admins and Planners as we have expanded the content for our learning event this year to include more for Project Managers, Planners and Group Admins. We surveyed our Learn From Your Peers webinar attendees for more than a year to ask for their feedback in how they would like to learn about upcoming webinars and events and overwhelmingly they selected email and in-product. Please know this digital event happens once a year and will have ZERO selling motions, the content is purely learning and enablement.

While entire instances can not be opted out of in-product guidance, individual users can opt-out at any time if they are using the Adobe Unified experience by following the instructions above. Any other feedback can be sent to me directly at farwell@adobe.com or you may contact Adobe Support at any time.

Level 10

Hi Kristin, thanks for the quick reply. Perhaps my point wasn't clear; It's not that I don't like the Cookbook, it's that I don't like spam popups. Thank you for only sending it to admins and not planners as most of the users in our multiple instances are planners.

For the second half of your answer, I heard this: If you go to a buggy and "not ready for prime-time" admin console, you can waste some of your time pro-actively opting all your users out of spam.