Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer - B2B Edition (coming soon) combines a first-ever buying group focus with industry-leading decisioning and automation to personalize engagement for each buying group member across channels.
SOLVED

What is the best way to empty a field on the profile?

Level 3

Hi,

We are writing order data to the profile because we want to use that data in order e-mails like returns or shipping e-mails. 

But after a while, we want to remove that data in the field, because the profile gets too big and we are already beyond the limit of the license. 

So my question is: how do you empty a field on the profile?

I know you can create a journey and update the field with the update profile action, but then you can't leave that field empty, right?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Taal Please check these 2 ways.

• Please check  Profile Service time-to-live (TTL) https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/profile/event-expirations.html.TTL is a mechanism that limits the amount of data lives within profile store. This lets you automatically remove data from the Profile Store that is no longer useful .TTL applies to profile store not data lake. If you'd like to clean up data lake as well after profiles removed from profile store, a workaround solution would be to query all batches older than X number of days. Once you have the list of batch IDs, you'd run an API request to delete those found batch  IDs.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Taal Please check these 2 ways.

• Please check  Profile Service time-to-live (TTL) https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/profile/event-expirations.html.TTL is a mechanism that limits the amount of data lives within profile store. This lets you automatically remove data from the Profile Store that is no longer useful .TTL applies to profile store not data lake. If you'd like to clean up data lake as well after profiles removed from profile store, a workaround solution would be to query all batches older than X number of days. Once you have the list of batch IDs, you'd run an API request to delete those found batch  IDs.