Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Unapprove or Archive Offer

Level 2

#AJO

#Offer Decisioning

When an offer is archived or 'unapproved' (moved to Draft state), why does it continue to show under the Offer Collection in the Decision Scope? Shouldn't the Offer Collection within Decision Scope only show the offers that are Approved? Is this a bug?

@SatheeskannaK 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@acdbm  for the first question: yes, that is the correct understanding

For the second question:  no need to change the request offer count from placement.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 2

To add, to exclude the archived or draft offers from the decision scope, I had to manually remove the Collection Qualifier. I feel like the Decision Scope should not take into consideration Archived or Draft offers, even if they have the appropriate Collection Qualifiers. Thoughts?

Community Advisor

@acdbm I see the same behavior. I wish before the offer status changes from approve to archive or draft status, it should warn that the offer has already been used on the decision scope.

Thanks, Sathees

Community Advisor

@acdbm Though unapproved offers are part of the collection, unapproved/draft offers are not considered when displaying eligible offers to the user/profile.

Level 2

Thanks both for your responses.

So @Anuhya-Y - are you saying that even though the offer shows up in the Decision Scope, it will actually not be considered during evaluation and not be displayed to the user? 

Second question - will I have to deliberately reduce the number of Offers in the Placement settings as well? Meaning, if I have a total of 4 offers; and I add the same Collection Qualifier to all 4, in the Decision Scope all 4 Offers will display. Then, if I change 2 Offers to Draft mode (and keep the Collection Qualifiers unchanged), the Decision Scope will still show all 4 Offers. But in the Placement, will I have to change the Request Setting from 4 to 2 or can I remain as 4? Here's the screenshot for the setting I am talking about. OP.png 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@acdbm  for the first question: yes, that is the correct understanding

For the second question:  no need to change the request offer count from placement.