Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 7th edition is out.
SOLVED

Modifying toDateTimeOnly Function for Time-Specific Email Scheduling in Adobe Journey Optimizer

Level 2

Hello everyone,

I'm currently using the function toDateTimeOnly(setHours(nowWithDelta(1,"days"),9)) in Adobe Journey Optimizer to schedule emails. Currently, this function delays sending emails until 09:00 the next day. However, I want to modify this behavior so that the function only triggers the delay if the email is initiated between 21:00 and 09:00 the following day. Specifically, if an email is triggered during this period, it should indeed be scheduled for 09:00; otherwise, it should be sent immediately without delay.

Could anyone advise on how to adjust the function to meet these requirements? Any examples or insights would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@robverstegen You can use Time Condition to achieve the same. This allows profiles to get messages at a specific time of the day.

SatheeskannaK_0-1715634731194.png

Thanks, Sathees

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@robverstegen You can use Time Condition to achieve the same. This allows profiles to get messages at a specific time of the day.

SatheeskannaK_0-1715634731194.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 2

Hello,

This is of great help! Only thing I am now wondering is if I can delay a message to a certain time if they fall within a certain time slot. Like this: 

09:00 - 21:00: Send immediately

21:00 - 09:00: Wait till 09:00.

In the current set-up I can only cancel the mail where I would like to delay it.

Many thanks!

Rob