Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 1st October at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Amarnath Vannarath, Ariel Sultan, Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Journey with adaptation

Level 1

Hello,

I created a journey with as a start point an audience qualification.

I launched it 2 weeks ago so already people in this journey.

Audience qualification => Send bankmail => wait 7 days => Send bankmail => wait 7 days => Send bankmail => wait 7 days => Send bankmail => Wait 7 days => Send bankmail.

I would like to add a new wave so add a => wait 7 days => sendbankmail.

Can I add directly in this first journey ? I mean, people already in this journey will continue the path and will go to my last wave added or I need to do something else ? As I understood once the journey is created and live, if I add something, it won't be applied on people already in the customer journey...

BR,

Maily

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MailySo2 

You mentioned that the journey is already launched/live, so one can’t edit a live journey.

To address this, create a new version of the journey and add a new wave with a 7-day wait. Publish the new version of the journey.

Note: After publishing the new version, new entrances will occur in the new journey. The old version of the journey won't allow new entrances.

Old version of the journey will handle the profiles that have already been entered.

To target the profiles that have finished the old version of the journey, create a separate audience logic for those who have completed the old version. Then, utilize this audience in the Audience Qualification activity in a completely new journey and target them with a 7-day wait period.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MailySo2 

You mentioned that the journey is already launched/live, so one can’t edit a live journey.

To address this, create a new version of the journey and add a new wave with a 7-day wait. Publish the new version of the journey.

Note: After publishing the new version, new entrances will occur in the new journey. The old version of the journey won't allow new entrances.

Old version of the journey will handle the profiles that have already been entered.

To target the profiles that have finished the old version of the journey, create a separate audience logic for those who have completed the old version. Then, utilize this audience in the Audience Qualification activity in a completely new journey and target them with a 7-day wait period.

Level 1

Super, thanks a lot for your answer, I know what to do now

Many thanks !

Maily