Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 1st October at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Amarnath Vannarath, Ariel Sultan, Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.

How to opt back in in AJO if 'consents.marketing.email.val' = n

Level 1

Hi Guys,

I have opted out using the one-click-unsubscribe feature in AJO and the 'consents.marketing.email.val' is updated as n.

Post that I am not able to send any emails to the user with the value = n.

Is there a way we can change the value back to 'y' or reset so that the user can start receiving emails again?

4 Replies

Level 1

Hi @Anuhya-Y ,

Thanks for the quick reply. Ideally in theory that should work.

But the issue is since the users are opted out now how do i send them email with the Subscription link to Opt back in.

Employee

The step of updating back the user's consent to 'y' via landing page needs to be done manually before the email sending activity. 

Ensure the profile is marked as a test profile by setting testProfile attribute to true.

Then open the landing page with the profile that was marked as test profile via Simulate content (and have them select "Opt in if checked " option).

Community Advisor

You can use streaming API to update this profiles or use batch update by ingesting to dataset a file with the identity and y as value for marketing email value (see screenshot of a sample)

DavidKangni_0-1726167461883.png

DavidKangni_1-1726167972259.png

Thanks,
David

David Kangni