Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer - B2B Edition (coming soon) combines a first-ever buying group focus with industry-leading decisioning and automation to personalize engagement for each buying group member across channels.
SOLVED

How to create a segment based an e-mail the customer has received - that stays the same over different journey version

Level 3

Situation: we send out NPS e-mails, but only want customer to receive a NPS e-mail once in every 3 months. To do so, we created a segment and included everyone who has an event on their profile with the messageID corresponding to the message in the journey.

Problem: But, I found out that the message ID changes when you create a new version of the journey. So in that way, the segment doesn't work anymore like you want to, or you have to add all the Message ID from all the different versions of the journey. That doesn't seem like the best way to do it, there should be another way.

Question: is there a field in the message that stays the same over the different journey versions and that we can use building segment? Or what is the best way to build segments based on an e-mail a customer has received, that stays working when you create a new version of the journey?

Thank you. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@Taal You can use the 'actionUID' from message action. You can get the value by copying the activity to notepad.

GaneshAS_0-1670329304928.png

You can then use the 'actionUID' to create a segment/event using the following xpath

GaneshAS_1-1670329389353.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@Taal 

I believe the given situation/scenario can be achieved using wait activity https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/orchestrate-journeys/about-journey-b... in the same journey. Send 1st email then wait for 3 months and then send NPS email, all in the same journey.

Level 3

Thank you! But unfortunately, this will not work, since a journey can be max 30 days long. 

Employee Advisor

The wait condition won't work in this instance, as we max it out at 30 days. There will be product improvements in the future that should help to make tracking message and Journey IDs much easier. 

Another possible solution would be to create a profile flag i.e. NPS_Value and at the end of your Survey journey do a profile update action and change this value to 1. Then you can create a segment filter that would either exclude or include profiles where this value has been set to 1 within last 90 days. 

Community Advisor

@Ivan_Mironchuk  How about using custom time in wait activity? any constrains in tracking messages when custom time is used?  

Capture.PNG

Level 3

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Yeah, we thought about the profile update too, but it's not the prettiest way to do so. I hope there soon will be another way, since it seems to me quite a basic function to check whether a customer received a certain e-mail. 

Correct answer by
Employee

@Taal You can use the 'actionUID' from message action. You can get the value by copying the activity to notepad.

GaneshAS_0-1670329304928.png

You can then use the 'actionUID' to create a segment/event using the following xpath

GaneshAS_1-1670329389353.png

Level 3

Oh, that would be absolutely great! You should tell your colleagues at customer service, because they didn't have a solution for this.

Thank you so much, I am going to try it with this field directly.