Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to add multiple test profiles while triggering proof via test mode of Journey

Level 2

HI Community,

I want to check how we can add multiple test profiles while testing the Email via test mode option in Journey.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Employee

It is only a single profile that can be specified while running the journey in test mode at the moment. https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/journeys/using/building-journeys/testing-the-journey 

If you need to validate with multiple test profiles, you will need to create an audience of those test profiles, use it in the journey and publish it live.

Level 2

Thanks for your response and confirming that only one profile can receive proof at a time.

If I will use the audience list then at channel surface level seed list is also attached, while testing also they will receive the proof. Also, it will not be optimal to test multiple emails via multiple journeys/Campaign, We have to test it via test mode only one by one, that is what I think.

Thanks,

Akram

Employee

Seed list is internal recipients, isn't it ? So, if you have several combinations to validate in the journey, you can explore the possibility of having separate journeys.

If not, you can use the test mode to run it for specific profiles (that are marked as testProfile records)

Level 2

Thanks @dugganab, for the suggestion, we have marketers and stakeholders as well in Seed list, so we do not want to share the testing proofs with them, that is why we are not using this approach.

Currently we are using test mode of a Journey, only challenge is that we have to select one profile at a time, but it manageable.

Thanks,

Akram

Community Advisor

Hi @AkramH ,

only one profile can receive proof at a time if you're using test mode. 

If you don't need to validate any steps in your journey, you can simulate the content and send proofs to multiple test profiles 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/journey-optimizer/using/test/preview-test/proofs

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion, while we send proofs from simulate content option view online links does not work and we need it for rendering test.

Thanks,

Akram

Community Advisor

How many profiles are we talking about? If not a lot, trigger the test mode one by one.

just my 2 cents, and I'm not sure which rendering testing you're doing from view online but it's not a best practice.

View online code is translated by your browser and may not reflecting the rendering as in a real mailbox. You may need to use a rendering tool.

Thanks,

David

David Kangni