Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Q&A Coffee Break on 1st October at 8 am PT with Journey Optimizer experts Amarnath Vannarath, Ariel Sultan, Arthur Lacroix and Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Decision Management Help

Level 3

Hi, I've created 4 Web offers with different priorities: 

Ad Offer CXW134asd || Ad CXW133asd Target || Ad Offer CXW132asd Campaign || Ad Offer CXW135asd

Each offer will show a different image and each offer have a different Decision Rule. For example "Ad CXW133asd Target" offer will contain a rule where profile attribute "is interested in" = "Ad CXW133asd Target"

Then I've created a collection called "AD"
Silvio6_2-1709827951866.png

And finally the Decision.

Silvio6_1-1709827934579.png

But the simulation is not working (showing Fallback to a person who fits a Decision Rule). Is it ok how I added the collection to the Decision?

I also tried with this Decision but not working (showing Fallback to a person who fits a Decision Rule)

Silvio6_3-1709828009932.png

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Silvio6 

It is not mandatory to use decision rules in Decision scope if it is not suitable to your business use case.

Looking at the limitation, I believe if the data is ingested into profile via edge, decision rule would be evaluated immediately. But in your case data ingested via streaming, please wait for 24 hours and validate.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@Silvio6  I see decision rule is used at offer eligibility. Check out limitations on decision rules.https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/offer-decisioning/create-components/... 

anuhyatad_0-1709898332858.png

Try audience at offer eligibility instead of decision rule and check the result.

Level 3

Hi, thanks for response. But I want to avoid creating audiences and use Offer Rules. I'm not using any event data, the rules are using profile attributes. Also I'm not looking back previous periods. I tried with Streaming audiences and not working but will wait some time and test again.

Why this solution not working? If decision rules are inside each offer (and each offer has its own priority) I think there's no need to add rules again in Decision scopes

Silvio6_0-1709910305123.png

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Silvio6 

It is not mandatory to use decision rules in Decision scope if it is not suitable to your business use case.

Looking at the limitation, I believe if the data is ingested into profile via edge, decision rule would be evaluated immediately. But in your case data ingested via streaming, please wait for 24 hours and validate.