Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Custom Actions and consent management

Level 3

Hi all, 

i need some kind help to understand how marketing actions work. 

Specifically, we are implementing a journey that eventually triggers a custom action (in which we call an external service to send marketing emails). my concern is the handling of consents.
If in the custom action i define as marketing action email targeting what should i expect? that before that custom action is triggered adobe checks the user's consents? how do i indicate the field where the user expresses consent to email targeting? any help in clarifying this doubt will be greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Nick_2024 

anuhyatad_0-1706112900119.png

Just identify all the consent policies associated with email targeting in the marketing action and review the 'Then' section in each consent policy.

For profiles reaching the custom action, they must meet the conditions specified in the 'Then' section of the associated consent policy. Only when these conditions are met ,the custom action share specific profile information with a 3rd party.

anuhyatad_1-1706112900133.png

Check video on policies usage https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/data-governance/policies/user-guide.html...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 2

In AJO OOTB, There are different levels of consents

1. Channel - This takes the precedence in OOTB. This consent is checked at the channel level.

2. Identity - This is at the identity level (email address)

3. Subscription - This is at the subscription. 

You can select any one of the above for opt-out link you embed in the email.

But your requirement is to use a custom action to trigger an email in external service. It is easily achievable if you maintain your own attributes for consents than OOTB and add a condition check before the custom action is triggered because OOTB uses encrypted params and pid to track the consent.

Few references - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/privacy/consent/consent.html?lang=en 

Level 3

yes the issue is that it is about a custom action so the solution we will likely adopt is a new custom consent attribute. Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@Nick_2024 

anuhyatad_0-1706112900119.png

Just identify all the consent policies associated with email targeting in the marketing action and review the 'Then' section in each consent policy.

For profiles reaching the custom action, they must meet the conditions specified in the 'Then' section of the associated consent policy. Only when these conditions are met ,the custom action share specific profile information with a 3rd party.

anuhyatad_1-1706112900133.png

Check video on policies usage https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/data-governance/policies/user-guide.html...

Community Advisor

@Nick_2024 One more thing to mention is that consent policies will only work for organizations with a Healthcare Shield add-on or Adobe Privacy & Security offering.

Thanks, Sathees