Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.
SOLVED

Custom action payload

Level 3

Hi 
I would like to create an action within Adobe Journey Optimizer where, during a journey, a specific profile ID is sent to an external endpoint URL for encryption. Subsequently, the encrypted ID is returned in real-time and integrated back into the journey.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

you will have to add it directly within the email content.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

Hi @MYSTERIOUSMAN 

Kindly refer to the following link which details the custom action configuration. In your case, you will have to make profile ID as a variable which is passed in the request payload and the corresponding response should contain the encrypted ID you are looking for.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/journey-optimizer/using/configuration/configure-journeys/act...

Level 2

Hi Abhishek,

Mohan already provided you the way of how to configure the payload and response.

You might still have questions on how to filter on the specific profile Id. This happens before you trigger the custom action. First you need to configure a datasource that contains a field with profile Id value. Second add a condition in your journey canvas to filter on that profile ID field. 

Hope this helps.

Level 3

With this custom action 

assume this senrio
https://www.google.com/  then the contextual attribute {{context.journey.actions.d06f7669-cc90-4d57-ba4a-2f812a19e88c.encrypted}}  )
i want the link to be open and want the value which is coming form the custom action in the encrypted format 

Level 2

Hi @MYSTERIOUSMAN,
Are you trying to use an endpoint to encrypt your profile Id and then you want to add it to a URL (anchor href) in your email html source?
Would it not be better to add this encryption of the profile Id as part of the data model / profile and add this as additional parameter to the URL in the email source? Custom Actions have an impact on the performance of your journey, i.e load times, authentication, throttling.

Regards,

Correct answer by
Employee

you will have to add it directly within the email content.