Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

Control Group Ideas

Level 3

In the context of reporting, the control group holds significant importance. How do you manage this aspect in Adobe AJO/AEP? I've come across several posts where Adobe has mentioned that this feature is currently unavailable, even though it's on their feature list. However, it's an essential feature for our business.Here's my current approach, which I'm currently testing. Please let me know if anyone has a better idea.

Zahid_14_0-1701333038301.png

I intend to implement a percentage split for the same group of customers. The first group will receive the email, while a 10% subset will be directed to update profile. Within the update profile group, we will also designate them as the control group using an attribute. What are your thoughts on this approach?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey @Zahid_14 That is a great strategy that a lot of customers have had success with. If you have CJA you can compare the two groups (just make sure to normalize by visitors).

I am the product manager who is looking at Control Groups. I am assuming the reason you are after control groups is to measure how effective a journey is? Did I understand that right? What metrics do you want to use to evaluate the effectiveness of the Journey? 

Thanks in advance you answers will help us build out this capability in the best way.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey @Zahid_14 That is a great strategy that a lot of customers have had success with. If you have CJA you can compare the two groups (just make sure to normalize by visitors).

I am the product manager who is looking at Control Groups. I am assuming the reason you are after control groups is to measure how effective a journey is? Did I understand that right? What metrics do you want to use to evaluate the effectiveness of the Journey? 

Thanks in advance you answers will help us build out this capability in the best way.  

Level 3

@jgrover1 
We want to compare the same target group/audience who fulfill the same criteria. Then we will compare the contacted vs not contacted customers by sales Kpi. That not contacted customers will be flagged and frozen in the control group.