Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the Community Q&A Coffee Break on May 2nd at 8 am PT with Adobe Journey Optimizer experts Robert Calangiu, Brent Kostak & Sandra Hausmann.

Can't Select productListItems in Event ID Condition

Level 4

Hello,

I'm trying to create an abandoned cart journey/email and the Event Condition dialog box does not allow me to expand the productListItems.  The message says I must switch to advanced mode however no Advanced Mode button exists.  Is this a bug or is something wrong with the Schema?

Also, I wanted to confirm what I should be doing in this dialog is setting commerce.productListAdds is greater than 0 - correct?

2023-10-07_12-03-00.jpg

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@MktgCloudUser, You won't be able to use advanced mode in the event configuration. Instead, follow these steps,

• Create an event with eventtype as commerce.productListAdds
  • Have an audience (i.e. segment) setup to define the additional rules to get the right set of profiles for the abandoned cart.
  • Within the journey start with event created followed by an audience qualification activity to refer to the audience setup in the earlier step.

There are other approaches you can follow within the journey. But you can't use the advanced mode on an event configuration to narrow down specific criteria.

Thanks, Sathees

Level 4

Thank you for your quick response however I'm not clear what you mean by Event Type?  Do you really mean Event ID?  If so, I can't expand the productListItems node to get to productListAdds.  Am I misunderstanding you?

Community Advisor

@MktgCloudUser When you configure the event select the event type in the field (parameters -> fields) section. Event type allows to select commerce.productListAdds in the event id condition (parameters -> event id condition).

SatheeskannaK_0-1696714868142.png

SatheeskannaK_1-1696714891320.png

Thanks, Sathees

Level 4

Okay, thank you for the screenshot - that worked.  Just so I'm clear, what gets inserted into the Event Id field is "In(the eventType, ['commerce.productListAdds'])" - which will be evaluated as "productlistadds is not NULL or it is greater than zero" - is that correct?

The second part of the Segment creation, I read that you can't create segments unless AEP has data in the variable so I'd need to deploy the WebSDK and send the productList before I can create the segment to only get segments that have not purchased in X days - correct?

If so, the Journey be the Event above >> Segment of purchasers not in the last X >> get payload to send AJO Email - yes?

Community Advisor

@MktgCloudUser, All the steps mentioned are correct. 

Just so I'm clear, what gets inserted into the Event Id field is "In(the eventType, ['commerce.productListAdds'])" - which will be evaluated as "productlistadds is not NULL or it is greater than zero" - Yes

The second part of the Segment creation, I read that you can't create segments unless AEP has data in the variable so I'd need to deploy the WebSDK and send the productList before I can create the segment to only get segments that have not purchased in X days - correct? - Yes

If so, the Journey be the Event above >> Segment of purchasers not in the last X >> get payload to send AJO Email - Yes

Thanks, Sathees

Level 4

Struggling to get the Orchestration process working.  I created an Event based on productListAdds and created a Test profiles schema/dataset.  The two issues I'm having is:

1. The productListAdds schema has a value and and ID.  I'm only populating the value ("1") as all of the Adobe help site examples don't list the ID - is a unique ID required to make Cart Abandonment work?
  2. Using the Commerce Purchases event, AEP is saying the Default Merge Policy doesn't allow Edge segmentation.  What am I missing here?

Is there an Adobe step-by-step guide n setting up Cart Abandonment?  Would seem liek a pretty high priority use case.

Administrator

Hi @MktgCloudUser,

Were you able to resolve this query on your own or do you still need help here? Do let us know.

Thanks!

Sukrity Wadhwa