Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

avoid send email/sms/push only on holidays / specific date

Level 3

hi i have several demands from my client regarding sending email/sms  i wonder if there is global configuration to do that ?

1. avoid sending on the first day of the month
  2. avoid weekend 
  3. avoid holidays 

it can be different answer to each questions :). 

thanks ! 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @nirshani 

1. avoid sending on the first day of the month --> [David] use the same logic as for point 3 

2. avoid weekend --> [David] use condition with time condition as parameter. I explained it here

3. avoid holidays -->  [David] use condition with data source condition and define your holidays. see the example below where I was excluding 7/4, Thanksgiving, Christmas, new year and MLK day
    in(toDateOnly(now()),[toDateOnly("2023-07-04"),toDateOnly("2023-11-23"),toDateOnly("2023-12-25"),toDateOnly("2024-01-01"),toDateOnly("2024-01-15")])

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @nirshani 

1. avoid sending on the first day of the month --> [David] use the same logic as for point 3 

2. avoid weekend --> [David] use condition with time condition as parameter. I explained it here

3. avoid holidays -->  [David] use condition with data source condition and define your holidays. see the example below where I was excluding 7/4, Thanksgiving, Christmas, new year and MLK day
    in(toDateOnly(now()),[toDateOnly("2023-07-04"),toDateOnly("2023-11-23"),toDateOnly("2023-12-25"),toDateOnly("2024-01-01"),toDateOnly("2024-01-15")])

Thanks,

David

David Kangni

Level 3

thanks you , this probably work and i will use it  !

i think it is to cumbersome to apply for each touch point with the client on each journey...

is there a possibility to ask improvement from Adobe ?  i think that those definitions should be on the surface definition then you have the flexibility   to use it across journeys and can reuse different surfaces in the same journey  

Thanks

Nir