Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer - B2B Edition (coming soon) combines a first-ever buying group focus with industry-leading decisioning and automation to personalize engagement for each buying group member across channels.

AJO Custom action integration with Oauth2.0 eloqua

Level 3

Hi,

I am trying to integrate the eloqua Oauth2.0 using custom action inside AJO. I got two approaches,

1. Use autorization_code method. Here I need to hit authorize endpoint to get the code which can be used in another endpoint to get the access token. This doesn't look feasible to use inside the custom action.

2. Use of password as grant type. This works well but the issue is the authorization can be made only once per 60 seconds which if I use inside the journey only one profile works remaining all goes to error path due to this configuration.

Anyway possible to overcome this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

@Ikmoo 

You can use custom authentication to generate access token. I worked on custom action integration with SFMC, calling access token end point  and then using the access token in the main end point.

Check out  https://medium.com/@anuhyareddy.y/ajo-jo-sending-email-delivery-via-3rd-party-marketing-automation-t... 

Level 3

Hi Anu,

Thanks for the response. I have already tried the custom authentication method and configured it . I am able to hit the endpoint and get the access token but the problem is every time system try to hit the endpoint it throws error that it has reached the limit.

I am using following method,

POST https://login.eloqua.com/auth/oauth2/token
Authorization: Basic Q09NUEFOWVhcdXNlcjE6cGFzc3dvcmQxMjM=
{
"grant_type":"password",
"scope":"full",
"username":"testsite\\testuser",
"password":"user123"
}

Tried via postman and got this error

Ikmoo_0-1681136872263.png

So if I use it inside journey only one profile is able to trigger while other profiles are getting into error path as it tries to auth everytime . Any idea on this ?

Community Advisor

Looking at the error message, I believe it should be fixed from Eloqua end. Please reach out to Eloqua team.

Community Advisor

Hello @Ikmoo 

AJO, by default, does not throttle the API calls. But as an industry standard, the API requests are throttled to 60 requests per min.

You are facing the same issue. AJO is trying to make more than 60 requests to Eloqua within a min.

This can be fixed by asking Eloqua to increase the API Rate limit for your instance.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ 

Thanks for the response. the problem is I am using this custom auth method and the very first time the test is successful but if I click the test again I am getting this error similar to what I am facing from the postman(attached SS in earlier post) . This is without even trying inside the journey.

For this also problem can be solved in eloqua end ? if so any idea how to configure there ?

Ikmoo_0-1681204016295.png

Thanks in Advance!

Community Advisor

Hello @Ikmoo 

Are you using the same Oauth credentials in some other integration?

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

Hi @Manoj_Kumar_ 

No this is the only place from AEP where I am using this.